Hacking 8.52 - what are the realistic expectations, from rumour to actually exploit?

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
What will be time from rumour, to exploit, to jailbreak for normal users?

Just wondering if someone have a history about how the other firmwares got the exploit (5.05, 6.72, 7.55 etc). It was like this, everything started with a rumour and then after few months the jailbreak was released?

Thanks in advance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's been confirmed that it's indeed a kernel exploit compatible with all 8.xx firmwares. I think zecoxao said this. however, we need a webkit exploit to use it. a webkit exploit should theoretically be easier to find, but who knows how long it might take. I'd say it will take at least two months, possibly much longer, for anything to be released. cturt can't disclose what the kernel exploit is until sony has time to patch it. if it works for all 8.xx firmwares, then obviously, you're going to have to wait for the next firmware to be released.

Egopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The good thing about all this is that developers who almost play ps4 are forced to look for a jailbreak in each update, since otherwise it would be impossible to dump the games, and the scene would stop almost completely

Last edited by Egopez,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I'd say Mark Cerny and his team are idiots if they keep finding exploits. and, this is the same lead engineer of the ps5.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which dumped games I'd want. I'd want tales of arise (if possible). I think that comes out in early September. other than that, I don't know.

Reactions: Egopez

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's been confirmed that it's indeed a kernel exploit compatible with all 8.xx firmwares. I think zecoxao said this. however, we need a webkit exploit to use it. a webkit exploit should theoretically be easier to find, but who knows how long it might take. I'd say it will take at least two months, possibly much longer, for anything to be released. cturt can't disclose what the kernel exploit is until sony has time to patch it. if it works for all 8.xx firmwares, then obviously, you're going to have to wait for the next firmware to be released.
Doesn’t need to be a webkit sploit. Anything that gets us to userland ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, zecoxao specifically mentioned webkit, and that's what we're used to. found one exploit with the switch, software-wise, iirc, deja vu? which was quickly patched. ps4 - exploit after exploit after exploit. haha, now who's at the bottom when it comes to security? ;)

Reactions: KiiWii

Egopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There is already the beta version 9.00 v3 which means in theory that they have had to try to cover the exploit up to three times... I suppose

Last edited by Egopez,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Webkit exploits are nice because it's easily accessible to everyone. The savegame exploits are a nightmare as the price of the game inevitably shoots up and becomes impossible to get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.