• Replies 52

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In 2003, France had hundred of death due to heat too (a little more than 30°C).
It was mainly elderly, so the government decided to do an action just to show they are acting in case of needs : They are now "taking money" from working people by forcing us to "work for free" (one day per year which we are working is not paid at all) and this 2.3 Billion of Euros gather in a single day is supposedly reversed to a State Fund for elderly health care, elder houses and hospital A.C. equipment, etc.
I'm sure they are using that money for something else.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about you make me.
Stop using Fahrenheit, use Celsius!

You would be making yourself -- it would get you left of science/engineering discussions and nobody would bother with your recipes. Anybody that does not have science/engineering or culture to add to the world is liable to be ignored by it.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That's cause the UK isn't used to high temperatures due to it having a sea climate.

30c feels a lot different in the UK then it does in Italy/Spain.

AU here, gets around 40c with a sea climate. Don't have AC, don't give a fuck. Anyway, why is that dude wearing jeans...

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's cause the UK isn't used to high temperatures due to it having a sea climate.

30c feels a lot different in the UK then it does in Italy/Spain.

Yeah? Try living surrounded by the Great Lakes in Ontario. 32 degrees is child's play for us, it was upwards of 45 last week due to the humidex value.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Costa Brava ( Spain) zone right now is 27ºC, but cause the humidity at 51%, is like 36ºC.​
No AC, just shorts and not wearing shirt, and feels good ^^

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I just saw the news and apparently like 2000 people died over here from the heat from the past weeks which was over 40ºC (it might not sound a lot but in humid countries it's really strong).

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The temperature is not all in this case, is more like how people are used to it. For example, 40ºC is somewhat common in most cities here in Brazil (not in sao paulo btw) and almost nobody here has air conditioning and nobody dies on summer because of it. But days like today, where we have +6ºC, people are dying because we are not used to it. I doubt that people on UK cares about +6ºC but for Brazilians, it kills.

Now about the desert climate. I have been to deserts only twice in my life but 42ºC on a dry climate fells better than 30ºC on a humid climate.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The temperature is not all in this case, is more like how people are used to it. For example, 40ºC is somewhat common in most cities here in Brazil (not in sao paulo btw) and almost nobody here has air conditioning and nobody dies on summer because of it. But days like today, where we have +6ºC, people are dying because we are not used to it. I doubt that people on UK cares about +6ºC but for Brazilians, it kills.

Now about the desert climate. I have been to deserts only twice in my life but 42ºC on a dry climate fells better than 30ºC on a humid climate.
Wait, who is dying with this temperature? And where? I know nothing about this.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It is my contention that the people detailed in the OP are not normal. My reasoning for this is that I slept a night sans air conditioning where the temperatures exceeded 85 Fahrenheit and I do not appear to be dead.

i slept a night w/o AC with the temps higher than 85f+..i ain't dead.

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
It probably is mostly old people, because they are not used to the heat. Plus the reason that 0.5% of homes have AC is that it is not needed most of the year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte