75% of Gamers "Not Interested" In Wii U

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, 75% of people dont want to commit to buying a product we haven't really seen in action? surprising.

This survey was out of 1551 people (not gamers), on the site "dealnews". Popular gaming site i know, but im not buying it.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'd be wrong, it's just on par. The only thing the WIi U offer is a different controller. Aside that, some devs said that there is nothing you can do with the Wii U that can't be done with the PS3 and 360.
No, you're really wrong.

1. Common sense dictates that it isn't. Even a really low-end cheap graphics card nowadays outperforms the PS3/360. Nintendo would have to be trying hard to develop a system on-par.

2. The only ones that have said it's on-par are "anonymous" developers. Actual developers have already come out and said that the Wii U is at least more powerful than the PS3/360.

3. There are insiders at other places that have already confirmed that it is more powerful than the PS3/360 which frankly shouldn't come up as much of a surprise.

I'm inclined to think you're a troll as you first said that the Wii U is less powerful but now you say that it is on par.

The Wii U is late to the party. By the time the devs can handle it well enough, the PS4 and next Xbox will be out and they will be able to pull off better games than the Wii U on their release day. Those 75% uninterested should stay that way. Why the hell would you buy a machine that is completely outdated before it's even released. Just wait 1 or 2 years and buy a PS4 or next xbox (whatever this thing will be called)

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be wrong, it's just on par. The only thing the WIi U offer is a different controller. Aside that, some devs said that there is nothing you can do with the Wii U that can't be done with the PS3 and 360.
No, you're really wrong.

1. Common sense dictates that it isn't. Even a really low-end cheap graphics card nowadays outperforms the PS3/360. Nintendo would have to be trying hard to develop a system on-par.

2. The only ones that have said it's on-par are "anonymous" developers. Actual developers have already come out and said that the Wii U is at least more powerful than the PS3/360.

3. There are insiders at other places that have already confirmed that it is more powerful than the PS3/360 which frankly shouldn't come up as much of a surprise.

I'm inclined to think you're a troll as you first said that the Wii U is less powerful but now you say that it is on par.

The Wii U is late to the party. By the time the devs can handle it well enough, the PS4 and next Xbox will be out and they will be able to pull off better games than the Wii U on their release day. Those 75% uninterested should stay that way. Why the hell would you buy a machine that is completely outdated before it's even released. Just wait 1 or 2 years and buy a PS4 or next xbox (whatever this thing will be called)
Just because a system has outdated hardware doesn't mean the games won't be as good or as fun. The games are what truly define the system. Hell, the PS4 could be an 5 Ghz 8-core blast processing machine, but if its games are shit, it's got nothin' going for it.

Also, with Nintendo, it's a trend. They're either the first or the last to try something.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, you're really wrong.

>Why the hell would you buy a machine that is completely outdated before it's even released
Because video games.
cql7J.jpg
gallery_122809_405_65110.png

Reactions: 3 people

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're really wrong.

>Why the hell would you buy a machine that is completely outdated before it's even released
Because video games.
cql7J.jpg
gallery_122809_405_65110.png

i know i'm nit picking here, but does ninja gaiden on that list count? it is technically a port/remake of the xbox version

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i know i'm nit picking here, but does ninja gaiden sigma on that list count? it is technically a port/remake of the xbox version
Hmm, perhaps not. But the remake its self is exclusive to the PS3. Probably a slight oversight on the part of whoever made the image.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're really wrong.

"Late'? It's first to the next generation.
When the PS4 and Nextbox come out, the Wii U will already have a big headstart.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, you're really wrong.

I think he's under the impression that the Wii U is joining the PS360's party instead of the next generation.

And yeah, the Wii u will probably be beaten out by the PS4 and Nextbox. They will also be releasing later than the Wii U. So the Wii U is less 'outdated on release' and more 'outdated on release of the competition's consoles a couple years later'.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel that since it's a poll from " online discount aggregator Dealnews", I think the results would be a bit biased due to the possible cheapness of the people there, I mean people who go on that site sound like they would be a lot less willing to spend any more money on games. Besides, its just a web poll, those things are extremely inaccurate for many obvious reasons, not a good way of researching opinions.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you're really wrong.

Why would anyone buy a wii, xbox 360 or ps3 in the past few years? All their hardware is completely outdated, not even nearly as powerful as pcs. Yet people still buy them. Same thing happened with the wii, slightly better graphics than the original xbox's graphics yet people still bought it like crazy.

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're really wrong.

I think he's under the impression that the Wii U is joining the PS360's party instead of the next generation.

And yeah, the Wii u will probably be beaten out by the PS4 and Nextbox. They will also be releasing later than the Wii U. So the Wii U is less 'outdated on release' and more 'outdated on release of the competition's consoles a couple years later'.
I don't know if Nintendo's plan is good..
Be better than last generation, but not be as good as next generation
Maybe they should have waited for a while longer. See what the other 2 companies are up to.

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're really wrong.

Why would anyone buy a wii, xbox 360 or ps3 in the past few years? All their hardware is completely outdated, not even nearly as powerful as pcs. Yet people still buy them. Same thing happened with the wii, slightly better graphics than the original xbox's graphics yet people still bought it like crazy.
The Wii was not as powerful as the Xbox ( I think? Correct me if I am wrong )
It was just barely a step up from the Gamecube

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't know if Nintendo's plan is good..
Be better than last generation, but not be as good as next generation
Maybe they should have waited for a while longer. See what the other 2 companies are up to.
They can't wait any longer. They've been holding out on Gamecube based hardware for 11 years now. This approach does have its advantages though. they will get to build up their userbase before the competition can, they have an opportunity to popularize their gimmick without tough opposition, and if things go well, they can play the price game and sell their console for far less than everyone else.

The Wii is a bit more than slightly a step up from the gamecube. it's based on the same hardware, but still decently improved. I'm not sure how it compares to the Xbox specifically.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@59672

Maybe because some people don't want to have to deal with continually updating various cards and components (which isn't really cheap, mind you)? With a console, you have all you'll need (peripherals notwithstanding) right out of the box.

Graphics aren't the only thing people have in mind when buying a console, after all. Sure, consoles don't hold up in terms of visuals, but that's a trade off a lot of people are willing to accept.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're really wrong.

The Wii is just marginally more powerful than the old Xbox. CPUs and GPUs are literally just a couple hertz off, and the Wii has slightly more memory. However, due to the design of the Xbox's GPU, it can actually output 720p with some games. The Wii runs more efficiently though.

TheBlueBadger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not gonna lie, for years now I've seen nintendo proclaimed "doomed" but I've always had some kind of interest in their consoles before they were out and ended up buying them

as for wii-u, I have no reason to be interested as of now. all I care about is the mention of smash bros but that'll apparently be on 3DS too, which I already own

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs