75% of Gamers "Not Interested" In Wii U

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, yes. Nintendo is doomed, the next pope will be a strawberry pop-tart, and tonight, rainbow chrysanthemums will bloom from my anus.
I might just start believing in God if that happens!

Reactions: 2 people

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several industry analysts today questioned if Nintendo can remain viable in the video game industry with their decision to stick with cartridges instead of the CD format used by it's main rivals, the Sony PlayStation and Sega Saturn. At least one major developer (Squaresoft, makers of the Final Fantasy series) has said they will not support the platform. "I think they've shot themselves in the foot with this move. I don't think we'll see Nintendo around in another 5 years.", said one analyst.

Oh, sorry. I thought I was in 1995 again. Nintendo has been "doomed" so many times I lost track.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Yes. nintendo is doomed,the illuminati is real, And My little pony ISNT using Hypnosis on every MALE viewer it has.
Oh! and In 2013 cats will TRULY fart rainbows and do thriller every day!!!!

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Eh, too lazy to read the OP, but let me just input my point of view.
I used to be a rabid Nintendo fanboy, now I'm just...a fanboy, who can see their faults. Apparently one of my friends at school is like how I used to be; all the fanboy, none of the objectivity. I love Nintendo, and I usually end up buy their major games even if I say I won't or I will wait. (Besides NSMB2, that one...ugh) But I have to say, that for all that is known on the WiiU so far, I won't be getting it launch, unlike I mistakenly did for 3DS. I don't believe N is doomed or anything, but to me this just seems like a giant HD DS, that for some games you can play in the pot or in your room.. That may not necessarily be a bad thing, but It's like N realized the success of the DS and said, oh, let's make it a home console! I'm not gonna lie, an giant HD DS is awesome, and while I'm not really a graphics whore, it'll look great. I just don't really see why I should be buying it, besides Pikmin 3 (and I haven't even finished Pikmin 2). Of course there'll be Mario and (someday) Zelda, but I might hold out on this one for a bit. my 3DS is keeping me pretty satisfied as of the moment.

Nintendo needs to start getting some of their stuff together, and while promised (finally) digital downloads and such are a step in the right direction, I'm just not seeing the greatness of the WiiYouuuuuu! E3 will be interesting, though. Maybe if I spent hours each day reading freaking speculation and WiiU rumors like my friend I'd be more hyped, but I'd rather play games than read about them.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Yes. nintendo is doomed, illuminati is real, And My little pony ISNT using Hypnosis on every MALE viewer it has.

One of those is true, I can feel it.

Sshh, the Illuminati is watching.

On topic - I'm a major gamer, for the last 15 years, and I really want the Wii-U. Same goes for every other gamer I asked.
I'm pretty sure
@[member='Janthran']
guessed what's really going on right.

Reactions: 1 person

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny-celebrity-pictures-i-said-get-in-the-van.jpg
One of the Former jedi knight's sent this photo along with the message below:
execute order 9231889
shortly after Nintendo of Japan's Main HQ blew up. And Satoru Iwata was nowhere to be found.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun with google:

Microsoft is doomed 4,690,000 results (xbox is doomed: 2,020,000 results)

Sony is doomed 2,940,000 results (playstation is doomed 1,970,000 results)

Nintendo is doomed 1,260,000 results (wii u is doomed 743,000 results)

You would think with how long nintendo has been doomed it would be #1 in results, but apparently not, lol. And to make this an equal opportunity thread -

Xbox 720 is doomed: http://robcarrollgaming.blogspot.com/2012/02/xbox-720-is-doomed.html

xbox 720, ps4, and pc gaming is doomed: http://www.ps3news.com/General_Off-Topic/new-gaming-pcs-next-gen-xbox-and-playstation-4-all-doomed-1

Videogames are all doomed: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327886/consoles-are-doomed-richard-garriott/

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every developer is always doomed, industry analysts are morons; the only time a company is ever really doomed is when industry insiders don't seem to have shit to say about them like THQ, it's like yellow journalism, trying to cause a panic by targeting the big companies only. :glare:

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh man, I'd forgotten that the entire gaming consumerbase consists of 1551 people forever locked in a time period before the console's final showing. Nintendo really is doomed.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fun with google:

Yes, Google is the most reliable source for statistics on the amount of failure associated with companies and consoles.

But internet polls aren't exactly reliable but I'm still part of the 75% (well I didn't vote in this poll but I agree with their side).

Of course you are. We all should. Why the hell would anybody excited for something we don't know about? Especially when it comes to hardware.

This poll is stupid. 1551 people? Really?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup