Hardware 73 inch tv, where to put the DAMN SENSOR BAR?

MagicDrumSticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what to do, 73 inch mitsubishi dlp tv and the only place I can put it so far is on the bottom near the on button, this completely throws off any "accuracy" and I want to able to point AT the tv and the pointer be there.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hot damn! 73 inches?! That's HUGE! We have a 52 inch LCD TV and I thought that was pretty big.

Anyway, along the top or the bottom of the TV in the center is where the sensor bar is supposed to go. Have you tried calibrating your Wiimotes? That's necessary especially if you were using it on a different TV before because it saves that info when it's initially set. Maybe you are too close to the TV when playing?

There's always a possibility that DLP doesn't work well with the Wiimote or that the TV is just too darn big. I'm not really sure. But I'd assume that it should be possible to make it work since I saw a YT vid once that had people playing the Wii on a giant movie screen.

Hopefully someone with a huge TV like that and a Wii can help you more if a simple calibration doesn't work.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Hot damn! 73 inches?! That's HUGE!
wat
unsure.gif

But are you sure there is NO OTHER PLACE to put it?

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Im using a 50" Plasma, but changed back to my old 28" LCD cause the image looked all crappy even with component cable.
tongue.gif

Only the PS3 is hooked up to my plasma now, and by putting the sensor bar on top great.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have an panisonic hd projector i bought just for gaming. Right now i have a 112 inch picture but it has a max output of 200 inches. Its picture is pretty awesome to say the least at 1080p
yay.gif
but i keep the wii down stairs in the living room its just easier for when company is over although if i ever get a second wii its going in the game room.

@ wiinie that sensor bar looks pretty sweet i had had intentions of putting the wii in my game room but the entertainment center i use for holding my systems is too far away from the wall i project to so i bought a cheap wireless bar only thing is it runs off of batteries but the one you have looks like it plugs in to a wall outlet. i might have to get one of those just cause i hate batteries. Do yoiu like it how good is the accuracy?

stiansoftcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need more space between the two infrared lights on the sensorbar with a TV like that. Just make your own, or just put two candles below your screen. Buying two infrared LEDS would be the best tho, costs like 7 bucks or something.

spathi-wa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
When you place the sensor bar below the screen, do you also change settings to match this? I believe it should just work if you do the following:

1. change settings to indicate that the sensor bar is below the screen
2. place the sensor bar (check the manual - they want you to place it at the front edge of the surface your screen stands on. i dont know how you'll manage that but essentially you want the bar to be the same level as the bottom of your screen and clear line of sight from the bar to your wiimote)
3. re-calibrate your wiimote

I don't think you will have trouble if you do these things in this order.

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure anywhere in the middle of the top edge or bottom will work.
just like any other tv
73 is an odd number btw lol. not odd as in odd and even.

Yukito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No, like other peoples said, the TV is way too big for the sensor bar, so you've got 2 options, either build a sensor bar with a bigger gap between the 2 light source, or place the sensor bar somewhere like 50cm-1m in front of the TV (I suppose with a TV like that, you don't play right in front of it)

spathi-wa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
As you can see from this thread, many people have got their Wii working with 50 inch and larger screens. Just because someone is selling product "for larger screens" doesn't mean you need it, or even that it would be better than what you have. Just need to set it up right.

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The simple solution is to move a little further from your TV, I suffered the same fate om my 52" SAGEM DLP tv.
Rearranging the living room did the trick, hope you have a big enough room though
smile.gif

The light emitted from the sensor bar IR led:s are of spread type; meaning that the further away (not to far though offcourse)
the wider is the area of light beeing sent to wiimote.

And the sensor bar consists of ten ir leds in total, five on each side, three of the five are directed straight out from the TV, two of the are shot at an angle towards each side.

And use the stand for the bar, when lying flat on a surface the ir light spreading down gets obstructed by the tv

Good luck:)

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WTF
blink.gif
73" thats f*cking huge, how much did it cost ???
oh and to all the people using projectors are they any good (i know they must be alright if you went out and bought one) like how do they display under lighting and how sharp is the image?

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 67" tv and mine works just fine stock. I place the sensor bar at the bottom of the TV in the dead center. Then set the wii options to below TV. Same range rules apply as with a small TV, it just "feels" different. I stand 8-10 feet away for IR sensor stuff. Any closer and accuracy goes to crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s