Hacking 7 minute hack

mangano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a hacked wii on 3.2 and I want to play a store bought guitar hero 5. I watched how to hack your wii in 7 minutes but it says it's for 4.0. If I update my wii it will update to 4.1. Does anyone know if how to hack your wii in 7 minutes will work on 4.1? Please help the question has been asked a million times but no has answered the question.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know what you're doing, blindly clicking through stuff in 7 minutes time will likely leave you in a worse situation than you are now.

You should spend some time reading and understanding how things work before trying any hacks on your Wii. You can have a look at my guide if you'd like some walk through steps on hacking your Wii(link in signature).

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seven minutes is kind of silly. But, I do have it down to an art of about 12 minutes from factory stock to fully soft-modded at this point
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mangano said:
I currently have a hacked wii on 3.2 and I want to play a store bought guitar hero 5. I watched how to hack your wii in 7 minutes but it says it's for 4.0. If I update my wii it will update to 4.1. Does anyone know if how to hack your wii in 7 minutes will work on 4.1? Please help the question has been asked a million times but no has answered the question.

I think I've seen that video, while it may work on 4.1, if your Wii is a new Wii, it will NOT work and will fuck up your IOS35 because his method involves downgrading that instead of using the Trucha Bug Restorer as you should.

Read through my guide first, then follow Deviyl's or xzxero's afterwards.

Since you're already on 4.1 you basically just need to use bannerbomb to run the hackmii installer to install the HBC and bootmii (more important if you can install to boot2)

Then run the Trucha Bug Restorer through the HBC to downgrade IOS15, then run it again using IOS15 to install IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify, then restore IOS15.

Then run the cIOS rev14 installer and have it use IOS36 to do a network installation (if you have wifi, otherwise get the wad needed and do a wad installation)

Then run dop-IOS v7 and install IOS60 with the sig hash check.

Then you can install whatever you want from that point: preloader is highly recommended at this point (not before any of that stuff) for brick protection if you couldn't install bootmii to boot2. Even if you did, it's still useful for system menu hacks and directly booting files and such.

NeoGamma R7 is recommended for disc based backup loading and most USB Loaders work just as well as eachother and is more just aesthetic preference. USB Loader GX is recommended by many, other good ones are configurable USB Loader and my personal favorite is Beardface's Coverflow Loader.

ita54

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have updated a wii from 3.3e to 4.1e with original nintendo update and its work with bannerbrick and ios 35 downgrade no problem:D!

idklol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
NeoGamma R7 is recommended for disc based backup loading and most USB Loaders work just as well as eachother and is more just aesthetic preference. USB Loader GX is recommended by many, other good ones are configurable USB Loader and my personal favorite is Beardface's Coverflow Loader.
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM HE'S LYING

Clearly the best USB loader is WiiFlow.

idklol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ita54 said:
please no spam!THX!
I don't believe your post added any value to our current discussion. Our current discussion is about the best USB loaders, which is clearly WiiFlow. And then the other guy responded.

And then you rudely interrupted our discussion of personal preference (even though his preference is invalid because I am right 100% of the time) with spam.

Kindly GTFO my Internets.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
idklol said:
nabster92 said:
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM HE'S LYING

Clearly the best USB loader is WiiFlow.

So you are now an expert on my taste? How can one be wrong about an opinion? And USB Loader GX is pretty much the most popular, most functional USB Loader reagardless of YOUR opinion of what the best is. As I said, it's mostly just personal aesthetic preference.

Edit: And about you being always right, you don't even knowlol.

idklol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
So you are now an expert on my taste? How can one be wrong about an opinion? And USB Loader GX is pretty much the most popular, most functional USB Loader reagardless of YOUR opinion of what the best is. As I said, it's mostly just personal aesthetic preference.

Blast. You've attacked my weak point for massive damage.

NONETHELESS. WiiFlow just works, okay? Guitar Hero 5 doesn't easily work with USB Loader GX. With WiiFlow, it does. And it's pretty.

So in a couple months, when WiiFlow is standard and USB Loader GX is merely the Dreamcast of USB loaders, I want you to think back to this moment and realize how right I am and how wrong you were about your personal taste.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
idklol said:
nabster92 said:

Blast. You've attacked my weak point for massive damage.

NONETHELESS. WiiFlow just works, okay? Guitar Hero 5 doesn't easily work with USB Loader GX. With WiiFlow, it does. And it's pretty.

So in a couple months, when WiiFlow is standard and USB Loader GX is merely the Dreamcast of USB loaders, I want you to think back to this moment and realize how right I am and how wrong you were about your personal taste.

I'm not saying it doesn't work fine. Hell I may even switch to it soon. I'm just saying personally I like the Coverflow look and at the moment use Beardface's loader to get my dosage of Coverflow aesthetics, and at the moment USB Loader GX is popular amongst the masses.

So anyways getting back to the topic at hand, WiiFlow is another USB loader that you can choose from OP.

Edit: lol and I just read this
QUOTE(ita54 @ Sep 13 2009, 12:36 AM)
i have updated a wii from 3.3e to 4.1e with original nintendo update and its work with bannerbrick and ios 35 downgrade no problem:D!

Your Wii works with a banner brick? lol.

Anyways, I didn't say IOS35 wouldn't work on 4.1, but it won't work on new Wii's and will in fact break IOS35, so it shouldn't be done at all anymore when there are easier methods that work on any Wii now anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1