Hacking 7.5X User Guide & Exploit Host Menu V2 ish: now with added GoldHEN!

• Thread starter Prb
  • Start date
  • Views 76,459
  • Replies 388
  • Likes 20

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys
you are good people on gbatemp
im hoping to be back by the weekend

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Prb, did you tryout the updated 7.55 PS4 Jailbreak 2 from yesterday?
https://github.com/sleirsgoevy/ps4jb2
Hope it will run better now.
not atm buddy ive been away i try and have a look thanks for the link

looks like a webkit update

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! let me know when you have an update my friend and Ill test it on the mini wireless board. You are very skilled in making these bin files to flash on them :)

Any changelog on this? Do we know what was updated?

Reactions: Prb

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice! let me know when you have an update my friend and Ill test it on the mini wireless board. You are very skilled in making these bin files to flash on them :)

Any changelog on this? Do we know what was updated?
It's a very small webkit update
Had a quick test doesn't seem to make any difference to the way the webkit loads
Its probably more of an attempt to stabilise it a little the webkit not the exploit

Reactions: ricklou and KiiWii

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a very small webkit update
Had a quick test doesn't seem to make any difference to the way the webkit loads
Its probably more of an attempt to stabilise it a little the webkit not the exploit
Gotcha sounds good! Prob not worth the update then. I pretty much measure in minutes rather than attempts. From a cold boot, how long will it take me to have a completely jailbroken PS4PRO HEN on 7.55? With your latest Prb, I can always do it in under 10 min. Then use rest mode for a long time. 10 min aint bad at all.

Hows the family doing with the COVID?

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gotcha sounds good! Prob not worth the update then. I pretty much measure in minutes rather than attempts. From a cold boot, how long will it take me to have a completely jailbroken PS4PRO HEN on 7.55? With your latest Prb, I can always do it in under 10 min. Then use rest mode for a long time. 10 min aint bad at all.

Hows the family doing with the COVID?
I'll try and do something at the weekend
It really doesn't bring much that the end user will notices
I'm not one of them people who update just for a few likes unlike some of the hosts out there
No point claiming improvements just to stay relevant (I'm quoting a friend with that last statement)
If something truly new comes out I'll update

Me oldman as I like to call him still in hospital
Better than he was at the weekend but still not out of the woods yet
Thanks for asking appreciated

wolfsstolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont have read all Threads in this post but i think all peoples have the Same Problem. Freezes the PS4 i they use "GoldHen v1.1". I dont know whats it is but GoldHen v1.1 most time it dont work without freeze and when it work many Games dont work for me looks Like .... Name of the Game i write in 10 minutes.
My english is Not so good but i think you can Unserstand my Problem. I use a ps4 Slim, maybe that it is the problem why this Exploit works nice on other ps4

Last edited by wolfsstolz,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The change to the ps4.js is basically just a typo fix that makes no difference whatsoever to the loading of the webkit but the good news is that there were changes to the blob.js which could help with the stability of running the kernel exploit.

The kernel exploit has run 3 times in a row for me now without failing but it could just be down to luck or coincidence.
You never know with 7.5x. Only time will tell.
Fingers crossed that it has made the kernel exploit stage more stable.

Reactions: Prb and susi91

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The change to the ps4.js is basically just a typo fix that makes no difference whatsoever to the loading of the webkit but the good news is that there were changes to the blob.js which could help with the stability of running the kernel exploit.

The kernel exploit has run 3 times in a row for me now without failing but it could just be down to luck or coincidence.
You never know with 7.5x. Only time will tell.
Fingers crossed that it has made the kernel exploit stage more stable.
I did notices that its 30kb now
I'll try and update before I go away again tomorrow
As probably won't be back until Saturday I expect people will let's us know if it makes a difference
Thanks my buddy for the info

^^ Update: KP on the 4th try and 'Jailbreak Failed' on the 5th'
Oh well.:(
lol
One day my friend hopefully it will be fixed
And then we will see another one of your top class menus

Reactions: Alsusee and Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've also noticed no improvement with GoldHEN v1.1 over v1.0 on 755.
I still sometimes get a freeze when shutting down or entering rest mode. Only sometimes, but it still happens.
I think the update was maily for 7.50 and 7.51 users so thats probably why.

Reactions: godreborn and Prb

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont have read all Threads in this post but i think all peoples have the Same Problem. Freezes the PS4 i they use "GoldHen v1.1". I dont know whats it is but GoldHen v1.1 most time it dont work without freeze and when it work many Games dont work for me looks Like .... Name of the Game i write in 10 minutes.
My english is Not so good but i think you can Unserstand my Problem. I use a ps4 Slim, maybe that it is the problem why this Exploit works nice on other ps4
Don't worry buddy your English is fine
You should try my v1 version some people have better success with it
Might be worth a try

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've also noticed no improvement with GoldHEN v1.1 over v1.0 on 755.
I still sometimes get a freeze when shutting down or entering rest mode. Only sometimes, but it still happens.
I think the update was maily for 7.50 and 7.51 users so thats probably why.
Exactly the same it's like a random thing on 7.5x
One day I think I've cracked it loads first time rest mode works shut down no problem
Then the next day using the same method I'm there for 15 minutes just trying to get pass the webkit

first goldhen did not work bad at all. Only the ftp sometimes with the half service on file system...
Tbh I'd like to see what plain old hen v2.1.3
Would run like it's a shame its not been ported to
7.5x yet

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first goldhen did not work bad at all. Only the ftp sometimes with the half service on file system...
I keep forgetting to check if I get the FTP problem on v1.1. On v1.0 it does usually fix itself if you manage to enter/resume rest mode successfully.

Exactly the same it's like a random thing on 7.5x
One day I think I've cracked it loads first time rest mode works shut down no problem
Then the next day using the same method I'm there for 15 minutes just trying to get pass the webkit
100% the same experience.
I was messing with the webkit (yet again) the other day and I got it to load 4 times in a row on the first attempt with no memory error messages at all. Thought I was onto something good but then it was back to normal after I restarted the PS4. This has happend a couple of times now. LOL

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep forgetting to check if I get the FTP problem on v1.1. On v1.0 it does usually fix itself if you manage to enter/resume rest mode successfully.

100% the same experience.
I was messing with the webkit (yet again) the other day and I got it to load 4 times in a row on the first attempt with no memory error messages at all. Thought I was onto something good but then it was back to normal after I restarted the PS4. This has happend a couple of times now. LOL
I've tried hiding from my ps4 so it cant see me pressing the x button just to see if the webkit is a little bit shy
Still didn't make any difference lol

Reactions: viper3344

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
webkit exploit on 7.55, conforming my testings, seems to be even sensible of the html structure... some designs will thrown the exploit error 'Failed to setup a relative read primitive". On that point i was not able to make it works any more, but yes changing the html structure. ... To see to believe :(

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
webkit exploit on 7.55, conforming my testings, seems to be even sensible of the html structure... some designs will thrown the exploit error 'Failed to setup a relative read primitive". On that point i was not able to make it works any more, but yes changing the html structure. ... To see to believe :(
Ive had the 'Failed to setup a relative read primitive' many times when trying out different things. It is very annoying.

One version I made acts very strangely indeed:
If the webkit starts to work straight away when you open the browser it always throws the 'Failed to setup a relative read primitive' error but if you get any memory errors first, the webkit then works perfectly.
That makes no sense whatsoever.:wacko:

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had the 'Failed to setup a relative read primitive' many times when trying out different things. It is very annoying.

One version I made acts very strangely indeed:
If the webkit starts to work straight away when you open the browser it always throws the 'Failed to setup a relative read primitive' error but if you get any memory errors first, the webkit then works perfectly.
That makes no sense whatsoever.:wacko:
I've had the same thing webkit starts first time ever time but get failed to setup relative read primitive ever time so I fix that error and straight back to the bloody memory error
I'm starting to think Sony themselves actually released the 7.xx webkit just to drive us all crazy

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Silm is about 5 days up now, since I installed the Prb user-guide selfhost package...
GoldHEN1.1 seems to work fine.
Restmode resumes without a hitch.
No issues at all. :)

Thank you @Prb

Just noticed that the Slim is way quieter than my Pro, even with the fan payload at 70c. :)

Reactions: Prb and Leeful

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes the webkit launches on the 2nd try. Sometimes the 20th. I think my record was 19 tries>KP>15 tries>KP>2 tries working.
Then after a power cycle the next day, 2 tries>boom done. It is completely random!

What I can say though is that it seems to be ROCK solid with rest mode working. Also never ever had an issue launching the new goldhen. It always works first try after the webkit and exploit runs and presents the page.

Question though.. those temps at the top. I am assuming to click on those to set the ps4 temp? What should I click mine to on a Ps4 Pro?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1