Hacking 7,2 Gb available, impossible to transfer a 3,8 Gb VPK?

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I am currently having an issue with my transfer of Vpk's, I appeared to have 7,2 Gb free on my Memory Stick, and I am trying to transfer a vhbl savedata Vpk which is 3,8 Gb, and it tells me I need 400 more mb... Do you have any idea why ?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am currently having an issue with my transfer of Vpk's, I appeared to have 7,2 Gb free on my Memory Stick, and I am trying to transfer a vhbl savedata Vpk which is 3,8 Gb, and it tells me I need 400 more mb... Do you have any idea why ?
3.8 GB times 2 is 7.6 GB.

Reactions: CymraegAce

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3.8 GB times 2 is 7.6 GB.

And if you'd listened and looked and what I wrote, I am explaining that I want to transfer a vhbl uncompressed folder VPK, the same tip we got some weeks ago to install a vpk without needing the space two times.

I am not trying to transfer the vpk, and then install it, then i would need two times the space, I just want to transfer a 3,8 Gb folder, that is all

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
And if you'd listened and looked and what I wrote, I am explaining that I want to transfer a vhbl uncompressed folder VPK, the same tip we got some weeks ago to install a vpk without needing the space two times.

I am not trying to transfer the vpk, and then install it, then i would need two times the space, I just want to transfer a 3,8 Gb folder, that is all
*cough cough didn't really say that cough cough*

Reactions: swabbo

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you sure you are doing it right?
(7.6 GB) - (400 MB) =
7.2 GB

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure you are doing it right?
(7.6 GB) - (400 MB) =
7.2 GB

Yeah, I am doing it right, and I am gonna explain it further to you, so you can understand how strange and weird this is, because I just managed to install it:

-I made a .zip archive of my eboot.bin and sce_sys, so I could install it with the bubble as a VPK
-Then I took the rest of the folder, which is roughly 3.8 Gb, and I took out one big file, which is approximately 1.2 Gb, and I put it away, to try and make the transfer
-So I do the transfer of the remaining files, which is approximately 2.6 Gb now, no problem, except for one thing: I had, before the transfer, 7.2 Gb, and when I did the transfer, It told me I had like 2 Gb or so remaining, which is completely illogical, because I simply transfered 2.6 Gb
-It is now that things start to get weird: when i go to mollecularshell, and I take my PCSB000395 folder to transfer it to the app folder, and go back to the save management utility, it tells me I have 4.5 Gb available remaining. The only thing I did was transfer a folder from one place on my Vita to another, I did nothing that could alter the memory, but I still got back my 4.5 Gb remaining
-Finally, I transferred the last 1.2 Gb big file on the Vita, moved it with mollecularshell, and everything works now.

I don't understand why the savedata management utility uses twice the space when doing a transfer, but it is a fact, it does.

bopz44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
erase your psp save that is on vita before transferring, and you'll not need twice space, transfeering 7gb on a 8gb card right now.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm strange. Transferring files doesn't not take 'double space'. Just installing a vpk basically does a copy paste of the packed files.
If you are missing space, open content manager on the console and see where the space is taken up with the 'manage data' option.
If you can't figure it out, try rebuilding database

RinkawaErion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You have probably done that method before and you forgot to delete the EMPTY folder you used in the PSP save data after moving the files.
Go back to your PSP Save folder (with your VitaShell, or QCMA) and delete that empty folder.
You HAVE TO delete that folder everytime you are using the PSP Save transfer method

Last edited by RinkawaErion,
Reactions: oleg77

docxsido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i had the same problem yesterday when i wanted to transfer resident evil revelations 2 with savedata method , so i used ftpvita instead it took about 1H20mn

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have probably done that method before and you forgot to delete the EMPTY folder you used in the PSP save data after moving the files.
Go back to your PSP Save folder (with your VitaShell, or QCMA) and delete that empty folder.
You HAVE TO delete that folder everytime you are using the PSP Save transfer method

Works like a charm. I think many peoples are like me and the OP, which doesn't understand why transfering through QCMA requires double the space. It is all because of that damn EMPTY folder left from last transfer. Thanks for the tip!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM