Hacking 7.2 Firmware 2DS.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it in a trade, and last time I tried installing "Legit" cia files on a unit without a Gateway (o3dsXL) I managed to get them running, but sadly they didn't transfer over after a system transfer and showed as corrupted data. I also may have been drunk when trying it, and missed something. Nothing bricked, so I'm lucky there I guess.

So, I'm trying to figure out if the 2DS can be downgraded. Search isn't helping very much.
If so, to what.
If not, then what are my options to just install some legit CIAs and play them, bearing in mind I might ned up drunk and updating because I am not always good at being adult.

I have no desire to buy a Gateway, and frankly don't have the time to keep up with everything. I don't have a problem with just updating the 2DS and using it to bulk out my Pokemon Rumble World game, if the cia part is too much effort without a Gateway.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I would keep the 2ds at 7.2 if I were you. (see, that rhymed so it must be true :P )

Seriously, it looks like things are close to high-firmware cfw (but not 9.7 high)
At least back up the nand with GW firmware before you upgrade for pokemon rumble (wtf are u thinking).

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would keep the 2ds at 7.2 if I were you. (see, that rhymed so it must be true :P )

Seriously, it looks like things are close to high-firmware cfw (but not 9.7 high)
At least back up the nand with GW firmware before you upgrade for pokemon rumble (wtf are u thinking).

Like I said, I had things working with a 9.6 emunand on an o3dsxl. Wouldn't mind that, but I don;t know if I can downgrade the 2DS the same way.

I like Rumble World. It's better and less greedy-seeming than Shuffle. I have enough units to use to bulk up for that. I just felt like having another weekend project.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, I had things working with a 9.6 emunand on an o3dsxl. Wouldn't mind that, but I don;t know if I can downgrade the 2DS the same way.

I like Rumble World. It's better and less greedy-seeming than Shuffle. I have enough units to use to bulk up for that. I just felt like having another weekend project.
Just remembered, rxtools has 9.7 emunand. You could use that to do your rumble stuff without updating sysnand.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
never upgrade your sysnand.
Thats why we have emuNAND
and no, you can't downgrade a 2DS (at least not to 4.5, since there is no 4.5 version of 2DS)

But, just get a Gateway, I'm sure they will release a new update for 2DS users.
(Thats what I meant with the video, if you do not pay for a Gateway, then you're mostly out of luck :P )

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, I don't want a Gateway. 3DS homebrew really isn't "there" yet (and anything viable is done far better elsewhere, including on the less powerful DS), and the only CIAs I am going to install are for games I already own elsewhere. I don't feel like double (or in one case, quintuple) dipping just because Nintendo can't figure out how to do proper accounts.

Plus, as I said before. I'm likely to get drunk and forget and update. So if I do that, I have a useless cart I'd need to pawn off on someone else. No thanks.

I might get a Sky3ds eventually, but even that just doesn't seem worth it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Again, I don't want a Gateway. 3DS homebrew really isn't "there" yet
I might get a Sky3ds eventually, but even that just doesn't seem worth it.

if buying a card that lets you play as many games as you want is not worth it, then piracy is not really for you, i don't see why you even had to think about it lol
if you want homebrew just buy cubic ninja. if you are worried about updating by accident then disable wifi, block the updates on your router or whatever etc

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got it in a trade, and last time I tried installing "Legit" cia files on a unit without a Gateway (o3dsXL) I managed to get them running, but sadly they didn't transfer over after a system transfer and showed as corrupted data. I also may have been drunk when trying it, and missed something. Nothing bricked, so I'm lucky there I guess.

So, I'm trying to figure out if the 2DS can be downgraded. Search isn't helping very much.
If so, to what.
If not, then what are my options to just install some legit CIAs and play them, bearing in mind I might ned up drunk and updating because I am not always good at being adult.

I have no desire to buy a Gateway, and frankly don't have the time to keep up with everything. I don't have a problem with just updating the 2DS and using it to bulk out my Pokemon Rumble World game, if the cia part is too much effort without a Gateway.
Well, you can use ninjhax with FBI to install legit CIAs.

Reactions: Margen67

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if buying a card that lets you play as many games as you want is not worth it, then piracy is not really for you, i don't see why you even had to think about it lol
if you want homebrew just buy cubic ninja. if you are worried about updating by accident then disable wifi, block the updates on your router or whatever etc

I have a job. I don't have time to play as many games as I want.

And the 2DS is a moot point now. I mentioned it to a friend and it was bought in minutes. I suppose that's for the best.

Reactions: cearp

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
OP: Um can I have some help guys please?
Forum: Okay here's our advice .... yadda yadda yadda
OP: I don't want any help!
Forum: K

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP: Um can I have some help guys please?
Forum: Okay here's our advice .... yadda yadda yadda
OP: I don't want any help!
Forum: K
Almost. Problem was the advice was something I said I didn't want in the first post. I know there were, for lack of a better term, "softmod" solutions, and that was what I was asking about.

I might end up with another 2DS later. Fun times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte