Hacking 7.2.0-17 3DS with 10.0.0-27 downloaded, but not installed

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I have a friend with an original 3DS on 7.2.0-17 (E), his 3DS has downloaded the 10.0.0-27 (E) update on his sysnand, however has not installed it.

A few months ago i set him rxtools up with an emunand which he is currently launching with the web browser exploit.

He is wanting me to to set themehax up for him so he can auto boot to rxtools, as he's recently seen that on my 3DS XL. I'm wondering what would be the best way to go about this, if its even possible? I imagine running any sort of update on his sysnand will end up installing 10.0.0-27 which has already downloaded (but not installed).

Having had a read around the forums it appears sysUpdater could be used to update his sysnand by the looks of it, hopefully ignoring the downloaded 10.0.0-27 update. I presume I could run that from PastaCFW and update his sysnand?

I would then need to format his sysnand as its still linked to his emunand.

My only worry there is either bricking his 3DS or updating it to 10.0.0-27.

What would you guys recommend? would my above idea of using sysUpdater with PastaCFW work?

Cheers for any input :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."