Hacking 6.x crypto save files on emunand

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah it's easy enough to say something is impossible, but have you tried....you may know the theory and stuff, but the ps3 was very good at encryption.....didn't stop someone cocking up when writing the code. ....all I'm saying is let people try if they can I'm sure that it's better than going around forums saying pointlesssss poooiinnntttlesssss......like Many people when it came to hacking the ps3....wonder where those people are now, no doubt moved on to the next forum saying how pointless it all is, until that one gets hacked....moral of the story it's pointless telling people what's pointless or not, unless you have already done exactly what they are planning to do

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@gamesquest1:
neimod, yellows8 and some others already tried without success. If you don't believe me, then don't believe me.
There are things, which are in fact not possible, but you will see, who is right. Anyway, good luck with trying.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
@gamesquest1:
neimod, yellows8 and some others already tried without success. If you don't believe me, then don't believe me.
There are things, which are in fact not possible, but you will see, who is right. Anyway, good luck with trying.

just for the record it isnt me trying, it was mathieulh, he appears to have a bit of focus and knowlage so im not going to try put him down, its not like when someone comes in with some B$ like " lets hack 7.1 by trying to complete pokemon with only 2 pokemon in under 20min and a secret key unlocks gateway mode"....he seems fully aware of what he is letting him in for,
http://gbatemp.net/members/mathieulh.118854/
no point knocking someone who is trying stuff, unless you have tried and your methods are exactly the same as what they guy in this thread is trying i don't see how taking pops at people is beneficial. maybe if neimod or someone comes along and says "yeah that's exactly what i tried and it doesn't work" fair enough, but as i said, different people try different things, sometimes people try something that someone else overlooked or just assumed wouldn't work, and it ends up working...yeah it might not work but try not being so negative, let the guy do what he is doing, if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but you don't just quit because someone before you failed

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Dude, we will see eventual progress on the savegame de/encryption front, that's out of the question, but like profi200 says, it's unlikely that will be due to someone dumping the bootrom.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah correct as the console would be able to access the keys at boot up so they would be the valid keys

Although right now I don't see this issue as big of a problem as it's made out to be, as long as you can still use the console and keep homebrew possibilities unless Nintendo uses the fact we can't get the keys against the hombre/modding community it's just a small price to pay in my opinion

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, that changes nothing on the fact, that the RSA key is cleared after loading a CXI. "emuNAND" always runs with a wrong key. It's not like the firmware just uses the ready key, the firmware always generates the key.

But ofcourse, you can decrypt the saves in a 6.X+ system with code execution.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, that changes nothing on the fact, that the RSA key is cleared after loading a CXI. "emuNAND" always runs with a wrong key. It's not like the firmware just uses the ready key, the firmware always generates the key.

But ofcourse, you can decrypt the saves in a 6.X+ system with code execution.
Hmmm ok so what keys exactly is emunand using (just random?) as from what I have read which is rather limited the console receives its encryption keys on boot up an these are retained even if you then "boot" another FW so the assumption I was under was that emunand was using the keys loaded from when 4.5 booted up, all I have seen about the error is that is using the 4.5 keys...is this not the case?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back