Hacking 6.x console

Dewdrops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So, I have a 6.x console here after I replace my 7.x one. Although I am disappointed, the bright side is that I can use powersaves with Pokemon. Before it can work, keep it at 6.x and not use it until then, yes?

(I have been thinking something about causing a 3DS to think that it is a lower firmware version and use a cartridge to update, but this is a pipe dream maybe.)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a 6.x console here after I replace my 7.x one. Although I am disappointed, the bright side is that I can use powersaves with Pokemon. Before it can work, keep it at 6.x and not use it until then, yes?

(I have been thinking something about causing a 3DS to think that it is a lower firmware version and use a cartridge to update, but this is a pipe dream maybe.)

The only thing that not updating the firmware on a 6.x unit is just in case they ever find an exploit other than 4.1-4.5 that will allow you to use a flash cart (which isn't even guaranteed at the moment.) Not updating to the current firmware will keep you from accessing the eShop, so if that is important, you may have to reconsider not updating.

Reactions: AriaofMarina

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that not updating the firmware on a 6.x unit is just in case they ever find an exploit other than 4.1-4.5 that will allow you to use a flash cart (which isn't even guaranteed at the moment.) Not updating to the current firmware will keep you from accessing the eShop, so if that is important, you may have to reconsider not updating.

Smea already has homebrew running on 6.x firmware, but he's trying to make it rom loader proof, and maybe waiting for 8.x to come out before he releases it.
So if you're interested in homebrew it's worth keeping it at that version.

Reactions: AriaofMarina

Dewdrops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Don't need eShop, it is slow and messy. Don't care about demos because they are limited use. Future games maybe a problem (I still buy and keep the games I like), but I am still reluctant to upgrade to the latest firmware because it offers very little. I hope I can do more with this console.

A 6.x with homebrew besides =<6.x games and Powersaves? I can't wait!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)