6 people killed, 25 injured, right in front of me.

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As you may notice, i live in Guadalajara, one of the main cities on Mexico.
Every friday, i play on a covers band (Kings of Leon, The Killers bla blah blah blah). We finished playing about 3:30 AM (Saturday).

When we were packing our gear to go home, we heard people screaming, we came out of the bar, and then we just saw a guy throwing something at the entrance of the bar crossing the street. It was a fragmentation grenade. It exploded, killing instantly 3 or 4 people, right in front of our eyes.
The guy who threw the grenade quickly took a cab and left. If it wasn't enough... another van came, took out an Ak-47 or some sort of rifle and started shooting.
After this point, we all got inside (to the bar where we played) scared.

6 people were killed, and 25 were injured. It was the work of some drug dealers band.

It was just horrible, kind of things you never forget.
By the way, this isn't something strange, every week, things like these happen. Beheaded people, shootings, all kind of things.
The media does a damn great job at hiding these things.

Here's the article, just came out, you can watch the date, if you think im making this up.
Of course it's on spanish, you might need to use a translator.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/744384.html

EDIT: Here's the info in English, thanks for the link to GHOST.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/02/guad...toll-rises.html

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
That's pretty fucked up.
frown.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, man. That's horrible!
We're glad you're okay, but what a senseless act.
Have you heard what might have motivated this?

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Holy shit, man. That's horrible!
We're glad you're okay, but what a senseless act.
Have you heard what might have motivated this?

Yes, the same thing as always, drug dealing gangs fighting for places to sell drugs.
If they can't get the place, they do things like these.
That or some sort of revenge.
People is starting to get used to these kind of things, hearing them on the news, but watching them, it's just another whole different thing.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

And SmokeFox, of course i am, but we (the band i play with and me), can't get over the fact that it could had been us getting killed by that grenade.
It's almost sure we are not gonna play at night for some weeks. One of the drug dealers band also said on some youtube video that the "Hunting" would start on February 10, i guess they weren't lying, so things will get much worse.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much as this will sound offensive, I gotta say it: dude, Mexico's a deathtrap. Border hop if you can, or we might next hear about you on a gang war death toll report.
frown.gif

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Horrible... I saw once a couple being killed in central-america, it was around 11o'clock it was dark and we were heading home to one of my cousins.
Suddenly we heard gunshots, at first I thought it was fireworks but then I saw a man holding a gun.
He was on the same sidewalk as us and he was shooting across the street, 6 shots were fired though it felt more like 20 to me. I was with my family and we we took cover behind a pickup truck just in case.
It was a man and a pregnant woman that got shot, first he killed the man and then the woman.
Both men looked like gang members so I thought that the armed man wasn't going to harm us, but when he started running towards us and I was like 0_0!
Luckily he ran past us, and like a few seconds later a police pick-up was after him and after a few minutes an ambulance and a news team were there.
I saw the news the next day and the whole thing was briefly mentioned though they didn't mention if they caught the killer or not.

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Warrior522 said:
Much as this will sound offensive, I gotta say it: dude, Mexico's a deathtrap. Border hop if you can, or we might next hear about you on a gang war death toll report.
frown.gif

Not offensive at all, but i can't do that, having a job ang going to college.
But yes, as soon as i finish college, i'll leave this country, not that i really want to :S .

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get yourself some citizenship in the US or Canada (start applying), Mexico is no place for you, it's pretty much death at every step.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys do realize it takes years upon years and a lot of money to get US citizenship, right? If you could just fill out a form then the US wouldn't have the extreme illegal immigration issue it does.

dark ajax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Vladimir said:
As you may notice, i live in Guadalajara, one of the main cities on Mexico.
Every friday, i play on a covers band (Kings of Leon, The Killers bla blah blah blah). We finished playing about 3:30 AM (Saturday).

When we were packing our gear to go home, we heard people screaming, we came out of the bar, and then we just saw a guy throwing something at the entrance of the bar crossing the street. It was a fragmentation grenade. It exploded, killing instantly 3 or 4 people, right in front of our eyes.
The guy who threw the grenade quickly took a cab and left. If it wasn't enough... another van came, took out an Ak-47 or some sort of rifle and started shooting.
After this point, we all got inside (to the bar where we played) scared.

6 people were killed, and 25 were injured. It was the work of some drug dealers band.

It was just horrible, kind of things you never forget.
By the way, this isn't something strange, every week, things like these happen. Beheaded people, shootings, all kind of things.
The media does a damn great job at hiding these things.

Here's the article, just came out, you can watch the date, if you think im making this up.
Of course it's on spanish, you might need to use a translator.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/744384.html

EDIT: Here's the info in English, thanks for the link to GHOST.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/02/guad...toll-rises.html

Man that really sucks Vladimir, I'm so glad you're ok dude, the situation in our coutry is really a sad one lately, and it doesn't seem it will end anytime soon, I hope you don't go through like this again paisano...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1