6 gig Class 6 MicroSDHC?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Bridgy84, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Bridgy84
    OP

Bridgy84 Yub Nub

Sep 8, 2003
    United States
    Virginia
    I thought I looked through the threads thoroughly enough, but all I could find was that class 6-4 gig A-Data, and I know I've seen a 6 gig Sandisk, but its a class 4 and I play a lot of C:PoR so I'm looking high end here. Thanks for any help!

2. Cactuar

Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    California
    I'm wondering the same thing. All I have been able to find is that very questionable A-Data brand.

3. Bridgy84
    OP

Bridgy84 Yub Nub

Sep 8, 2003
    United States
    Virginia
    well, i've read that a-data is a re-brand of toshiba's cards, like kingston is, except that a-data is made in taiwan whereas toshibas and kingstons are japanese-made, usually meaning that they are of higher quality. on the other hand, i've seen more a-datas with class 6 ratings when it comes to the 2 and 4 giggers than sandisks or kingstons. so who knows? maybe i'm making all this up, it is late.

4. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
  5. sidneyyoung

sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 29, 2006
    Bangladesh
    A while a go, when testing DOS+POR the first time round with older slot-2 generation flashcarts, it was found that access times were far more important than read/write speed when it came to locking in POR and video smoothness in DOS.

Also it was found that only CF and micro-sd based slot-2 cards had an interface that took advantage of the high access speed memory cards, every minisd/sd based cart failed the DOS+POR tests depite the speed of the mem card.

Bottom line is, imo, to get the memory card with the fastest access times.

6. cutterjohn

cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    AFAIK not ALL Kingston's are Japanese... Buyer beware. The only definitely Japanese ones are Toshiba,as AFAIK they ARE the ONLY Japanese mfg.

7. Bridgy84
    OP

Bridgy84 Yub Nub

Sep 8, 2003
    United States
    Virginia
    thanks for all the responses, but i didn't ever really get an answer to my question. is there a class six 6 gig microsd?

and i guess that if there isn't, the advice for me would be to get the 4 gb a-data? or a 6 gb sandisk?

8. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    Not yet. A-Data has the first Class 6 MicroSD.

9. Bridgy84
    OP

Bridgy84 Yub Nub

Sep 8, 2003
    United States
    Virginia
    thank you, there's the answer i was looking for.

10. c2ironfist

c2ironfist GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    If you can't find another class 6 card that your looking for go for the A-Data [​IMG]