Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - No, not unless you purposely choose to try to install custom firmware from it.

2 - No, it's only in memory (that's why it's lost if the PSP shuts off or loses power).

3 - The PSNLover (currently 1.2) plugin lets you play online games, however I don't know if plugins work on 6.31 (they do on 6.20, but not on 6.35).

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
1 - No, not unless you purposely choose to try to install custom firmware from it.

2 - No, it's only in memory (that's why it's lost if the PSP shuts off or loses power).

3 - The PSNLover (currently 1.2) plugin lets you play online games, however I don't know if plugins work on 6.31 (they do on 6.20, but not on 6.35).

Thanks, time to take the plunge then i guess, will definately save me a ton from buying games on PSN

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't been an update in some time but anyway...
6.20 TN-C apparantly feature PSN online play and there will be downgrader for 6.31/6.35(?)
Total_Noob said:
TN-C wird dir das Online zocken erlauben
TN-C will allow you play this online
wink2.gif
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1604

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:

Plugins DO work on 6.31 and 6.35 : http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1606

You just have to use the folder "plugins" instead of "seplugins". And you need to edit vsh.txt etc. accordingly, and perhaps (not 100% sure) rename it to just "vsh" (i.e. drop the .TXT)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jolan said:
You do realize that vsh is the file name, while .txt is the file extension, and, if you dropped the .txt, the file would unusable?
No it wouldn't. On Windows, perhaps, but Windows is I believe the only OS that actually cares too much about extensions. Its the content of the file, not the name, that makes it usable. It is still a perfectly valid file even if it does not have an extension. For example, makefiles do not have an extension (they are simply called "MAKEFILE"), and yet they are perfectly valid. Opening a file like this in a hex editor makes it clear that it is plain text, whereas other files could be opened and the header will often reveal what type of file they are, regardless of extension.

And apparently on 6.35 PRO, the file required is "vsh" and NOT "vsh.txt"

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, 6.35 pro uses vsh.txt and game.txt
the only time i've ever seen someone mention needing to remove the extension was when he accidentally made a double extension(game.txt.txt and vsh.txt.txt) because windows with default setting hides some extension.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
no, 6.35 pro uses vsh.txt and game.txt
the only time i've ever seen someone mention needing to remove the extension was when he accidentally made a double extension(game.txt.txt and vsh.txt.txt) because windows with default setting hides some extension.
That may well have been what happened in the case I saw, I just read on wololo's forums and repeated what I read.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got alerted to the later HENs using plugins after I made that post and I put the info in the FAQ.

And yeah, I can confirm linux and OSX don't give a damn about a file's extension. Windows just uses it to determine which program should open each file, but Linux will just open the first bit of a file to get it's actual type and work from there (which is the better method IMO).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Yeah I got alerted to the later HENs using plugins after I made that post and I put the info in the FAQ.

And yeah, I can confirm linux and OSX don't give a damn about a file's extension. Windows just uses it to determine which program should open each file, but Linux will just open the first bit of a file to get it's actual type and work from there (which is the better method IMO).
Far better. Windows method gives rise to the idea that a file's type is defined solely by its extension and renaming it will convert the file.

"I renamed my Word document from .doc to .jpg, but it won't open in Paint" etc.

mrhomiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't kept up with PSP CFW news for a few years now.
my PSP is on m33-6 (i think?), i pretty much stopped looking
for news and updates when the person who developed m33
said he was going to stop.

what can i upgrade to? and what does it offer?
will i be able to connect to PSN?
play the latest games?

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I have got HEN TN-B installed for my PSP 3000. Just saw that a CXMB plugin has been released for it. Anyone tried it yet? We would have to select the theme each time we restart the PSP right? Or will it still be there even after powering off the PSP?

EDIT:-
How does the USB Charging work on the 3000 with HEN TN?
I turned on USB Charge in system settings; it shows the orange light but does not seem to be charging? I enabled USB charge in the VSH menu too........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs