Visit site
XP
Country
NEW CFW : 6.20 MAD-001

QUOTE said:
OFFICIAL BLOG (IN JAPANESE): http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/psphack

Details taken offsite:
QUOTECFW 6.20 suddenly appeared.

Everyone in the Internet was expecting the CFW 6.20 Mad-001 normally at Sunday. But suddenly it showed up in the Net now.

Homebrews doesent seem to work on the new CFW 6.20 Mad-001 because of the new Kernel (it seems to be the new Kernel does block it). The good news are you can play Games like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and God Eater on your PSP. Till now there are no closed judges to this new CFW so hold your Pandora Battery ready if something is not working. Also you can install it with (over) HEN.

A Comment from a user which says following things:

First off, gotta give thanx to Tie for the info on the beta release
Used 2 PSP’s for this one, my testing (or b itch as I call it ) PSP which is a slim 2001 model and a friends Phat model ( we won’t tell him what I did ) Updated to OFW 6.20 and followed the instructions for installation. CFW loads fine BUT like it said it’s just a beta, God Eater demo played fine but wouldn’t let me save, so tried the full God Eater game and when trying to save it bricked the phat and froze the slim… So indeed this IS NOT a fake… HOWEVER, I will say this only once
DO NOT TRY THIS YET, DO NOT TRY THIS YET, DO NOT TRY THIS YET!!!!!!!!
I will report back when the “full” version is released on Valentines Day
On a side note, I don’t know what he did with this CFW but I was ablt to Hellcats back to GEN-D3 with no problem so this too is a good sign .

How to:

1. Copy the 6.20.PBP in the ROOt of your PSP.
2. Copy Eboot.PBP of the CFW in the following directory: PSP/GAME/UPDATE.
3. Start the Updater.

Download Links:

6.20 Mad:
Code:

CENSORED

Firmware 6.20:
Code:

CENSORED

Say thanks if you liked my Post.

Cant provide Source, cant provide links. Against the rules. But yeah, looks like the guy was for real about his 6.20 MAD. No homebrew is a bummer, but hey, a more stable version is coming in 2 days. This is just a beginning and IS PREMATURE. It was leaked from a closed betatester after the japanese blog got literally raped with hateful comments, writing it off as a huge FAKE. I will update this thread with all information I find.

Reportedly has a lot more issues on PSP Phat, I counsel against using this firmware. It's not work the risk. Especially you 3000 users.

DONT RISK IT. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST WHEN A STABLE VERSION IS RELEASED (IF EVER).

I merely post this for DISCUSSION.

DO NOT TRY TO USE THIS FIRMWARE YET!!! BE WARNED, IF YOU HAVE A 3000 SERIES PSP YOUR PSP WILL BE IRREPARABLY BRICKED.

EDIT: I HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED GOD EATER ON MAD-002 TEST TO BE WORKING BUT FREEZING IF YOU TRY TO SAVE.

The Firmware is very buggy and I am in the process of testing other games as I write this. Homebew DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

DETAILS ON INSTALL:

I installed MAD TEST-002 on top of GEN-D2. Make sure you have OFW 6.20 and the Eboot in the right places. It will give you corrupt error several times, I tried dozens of times and it eventually froze, then got through. There are many versions circulating the internet, some are TEST 002 and some are TEST 001. There is no labeling difference between the two. There are many many problems with this firmware. Firstly, after a game crashes, you NEED a pandora to fix. Other games start but crash within a few seconds, only god eater works - but as I said it freezes if you save and you need a pandora back to GEN D2. Setting system language to Japanese also may help. Another thing, the region of the console may affect the installation. Mine is an Australian retail console.

I SAY AGAIN, DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE.

This may be a hoax, but the fact that GodEater starts is still some hope. Its pathetic in every other regard, but this proves that GodEater is possible on CFW. I don't know any technical things. I think the blog was update today and the author claims the log.txt was a joke by the person who actually leaked the test. I don't know for sure, Google translate is very inaccurate. KH:BBS I couldn't test yet, but the source claimed it to be working.

13/02/10 UPDATE:

A new image. Doesn't really prove anything.

img6ca84acbzik4zj.jpeg

>He gave us the "DLkey" for tomorrow. It is "23"

>Something about a video proving GodEater and KH:BBS on youtube?(??)

>Some guy posted a link (Japanese) and I think he say's its working. Japanese does not translate so well with Google.

Anyway, 4 o'clock tomorrow Japan time everything will be revealed. I say that he isn't going post anything, or just post that it was a joke. Do not get excited guys, there is no way he could fix all the bugs in the FW in 2 days.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you mean I can trade my working PSP firmware that plays tons of awesome stuff like SNES and SEGA for a half finished one that is full of bugs and only plays some crappy Disney game I don't care about and isn't even in english? WOW WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for people who are stuck on 6.20 already -.- like me lol

I hope the people with the exploits can use this for ppl stuck on 6.20 already
biggrin.gif

dirty_harry

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a test firmware that is still beta released early to prove to the people that don't believe it was real. Its premature, but it works KH:BBS and GodEater. So I'm not saying get it. I'm saying discuss it.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
MadClaw said:
you realize you need a pandora, hen or cfw to install this right?
if you are truly "stuck" on ofw 6.20 then this is not usable for you..

dirty_harry

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
MadClaw said:
you realie you need a pandora, hen or cfw to install this right?
Luke is right, BUT there were 2 save game exploits discovered within this week and the possibility of a new HEN for 6.20 is not impossible. But Luke is right, this is for people already on CFW.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely proves the doubters wrong, and I do anticipate the final release. Regardless, as I don't have either game yet, I'll stay on GEN unless I hear very, very positive things about it.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an extra reminder: People, watch out if you're looking for this. While one could be in the works (*I* don't know for sure, but i'm not disproving it
wink.gif
) this early release WILL NOT WORK for you, and could be someone using this news for malicious purposes.

I'm not saying this is bad or good, i'm just reminding that this is EARLY. Be patient.

(and i can't wait to try out BBS and god eater as soon as this is fully out. Could be a very happy valentine's day! ...and for that whole "love" thing too... Shit, hope Wife® doesn't read this >_>)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Just as an extra reminder: People, watch out if you're looking for this. While one could be in the works (*I* don't know for sure, but i'm not disproving it
wink.gif
) this early release WILL NOT WORK for you, and could be someone using this news for malicious purposes.

I'm not saying this is bad or good, i'm just reminding that this is EARLY. Be patient.

(and i can't wait to try out BBS and god eater as soon as this is fully out. Could be a very happy valentine's day! ...and for that whole "love" thing too... Shit, hope Wife® doesn't read this >_>)

Just buy chocolates, a crappy card, claim you're sick, and head off to the computer room, haha.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I really wanna play Birth by Sleep and God eater so I might update to this, (When the full release is out) I take it this means all current games are playable now?
Also, ChickHEN R3 was confirmed a while back, dunno if it will work on 6.20 though.
I suppose I choose to get a PSP at the right time, ordered my fat a few hours ago.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose PSN works on this, even just so much as the store? Probably not high on the list of priorities for the dev(s), just wondering.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mphil145 said:
I wonder if this will also be compatible with PSP GO, guess I'll just have to wait and see

probably not since we would need a full cfw on the 3000's before a psp go cfw is even thought about
and i heard chickhen r3 was canceled because of cfw loaders that use it and the maker of chickhen is anti-piracy (mind you i don't know how true this is(it's like gossip from the corner))

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nobody checked the log.txt file that is created after you run the "MAD CFW installer" lol.
QUOTE said:
????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????
??CFW?????Mad-001???????????????
???????????????????????????????
????????????????????????

P.S.
???????????????????????????
?????

check google translate for a translation
wink.gif

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you play on Valentine's Day? Mote B is not your www
Often it has chocolate in my school. Did you do? www
Huh? CFW? What's that? Mad-001? W such that of course not.
I'm allowed to give a dream from www lonely Valentine's Day
Everyone was fairly caught, and enjoy your next fishing ^ ^

P.S.
I did that from the sweet shrimp was introduced to the blog
I said I Maji

I Do Not get what that mean?

Also cant wait for the Full Release i be able to Play Birth of Sleep.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mphil145 said:
I wonder if this will also be compatible with PSP GO, guess I'll just have to wait and see
Oh man.... You're like the kid that shows up wearing roller skates while his friends are all playing on their dirtbikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup