Hacking Question 6.0.1 upgrade with os sx

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two switches and one was accidentally updated to 6.0.1 Is it true that the game updates are no longer possible? This seems to be the case AFIAKT. Also Is there in fact no way to down grade because of the fuses?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Uh, game updates are not possible if you're banned. And depending on how you update to 6.0.1, you can still downgrade although since you said "accidentally", I'm guessing it was done the official way meaning fuses were burnt. Although you can still technically downgrade with burnt fuses. However, if you downgrade with burnt fuses, you can only boot up the console by going into RCM then using a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check (e.g. Hekate, SX OS V1.2+, ReiNX, & Fusee) and even if you do, you lose sleep mode support.

jaycee79

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can also use ChoiduJourNX within SX OS to upgrade to FW 6.0.1 without burning fuses, so you can use latests games updates that require FX 6 (Mario Kart and others) and also have a chance to go back to former firmware in case.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"What? Uh, game updates are not possible if you're banned."
That is the first I heard of that. I have always updated my game when banned. But now I see this
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxi...ore_games_and_firmware_updates_on_all_banned/
so its a wash then for updates.

Thx, for the tip, I figure the update was a one way road.
Oh yeah, you're right XD Initially, soft bans didn't block game updates and only CDN bans did but then Nintendo changed the way bans work around the time firmware 6.0 dropped so now soft bans block eShop, online play, and game updates. The only difference between a soft ban and a CDN ban is that CDN bans prevent online system firmware updates.

playpopo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... if you downgrade with burnt fuses, you can only boot up the console by going into RCM then using a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check (e.g. Hekate, SX OS V1.2+, ReiNX, & Fusee) and even if you do, you lose sleep mode support.

Can you explain more about “losing sleep mode support”?

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no point to stay at 5.1.0 or downgrade to an older firmware if you have SX OS, so don't worry. All the new updates require 6.0.x now so sooner or later you need it anyway, like it was with 5.1.0 before.

I used to official way to update to 6.0.1 (because I don't want to use Choi and AutoRCM), it is running fine with SX OS 2.2 and all my updates that required 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 are working. The only thing you loose is DevMenu, maybe we will have a working version for 6.x.x in the future.

Last edited by Thandor,

Lilphish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You can also use ChoiduJourNX within SX OS to upgrade to FW 6.0.1 without burning fuses, so you can use latests games updates that require FX 6 (Mario Kart and others) and also have a chance to go back to former firmware in case.

You still don't need to upgrade your firmware. Just install the updates with a homebrew app that disables that firmware check. You can run all of those updates just fine on firmware 5.1

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still don't need to upgrade your firmware. Just install the updates with a homebrew app that disables that firmware check. You can run all of those updates just fine on firmware 5.1
what about games that requires fw 6+ is there a homebrew to run those games on 5.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over