Question 6.0.1 upgrade with os sx

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ulao, Oct 23, 2018.

1. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    I have two switches and one was accidentally updated to 6.0.1 Is it true that the game updates are no longer possible? This seems to be the case AFIAKT. Also Is there in fact no way to down grade because of the fuses?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What? Uh, game updates are not possible if you're banned. And depending on how you update to 6.0.1, you can still downgrade although since you said "accidentally", I'm guessing it was done the official way meaning fuses were burnt. Although you can still technically downgrade with burnt fuses. However, if you downgrade with burnt fuses, you can only boot up the console by going into RCM then using a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check (e.g. Hekate, SX OS V1.2+, ReiNX, & Fusee) and even if you do, you lose sleep mode support.

3. SwitchHack

SwitchHack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2018
    Japan
    Sorry if I enter!
    soon I get a new switch, can I upgrade it to the last FW 6.0.1 and use SX OS?

4. larrypretty

larrypretty GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    United States
    SX OS is compatible with FW 6.0.1, but if there's no need, you can keep the original firmware.

5. SwitchHack

SwitchHack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2018
    Japan
    Good!
    Thanks! :)

6. jaycee79

jaycee79 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    France
    You can also use ChoiduJourNX within SX OS to upgrade to FW 6.0.1 without burning fuses, so you can use latests games updates that require FX 6 (Mario Kart and others) and also have a chance to go back to former firmware in case.

7. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
  8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Oh yeah, you're right XD Initially, soft bans didn't block game updates and only CDN bans did but then Nintendo changed the way bans work around the time firmware 6.0 dropped so now soft bans block eShop, online play, and game updates. The only difference between a soft ban and a CDN ban is that CDN bans prevent online system firmware updates.

9. playpopo

playpopo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2017
    United States
    Can you explain more about “losing sleep mode support”?

10. Thandor

Thandor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2018
    Germany
    There is no point to stay at 5.1.0 or downgrade to an older firmware if you have SX OS, so don't worry. All the new updates require 6.0.x now so sooner or later you need it anyway, like it was with 5.1.0 before.

I used to official way to update to 6.0.1 (because I don't want to use Choi and AutoRCM), it is running fine with SX OS 2.2 and all my updates that required 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 are working. The only thing you loose is DevMenu, maybe we will have a working version for 6.x.x in the future.

Last edited by Thandor, Oct 24, 2018
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    When you are running a firmware lower than your fuse count, the console will refuse to wake up from sleep mode.

12. Lilphish

Lilphish Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2018
    Albania
    You still don't need to upgrade your firmware. Just install the updates with a homebrew app that disables that firmware check. You can run all of those updates just fine on firmware 5.1

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    what about games that requires fw 6+ is there a homebrew to run those games on 5.1?

14. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Tinfoil lets you bypass firmware check when installing