5th Generation Pokemon Games On Their Way This Year!

Green0scar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An entirely new "Pocket Monsters" series is under development for release in 2010.

The Pokemon Company (headed by Tsunekazu Ishihara) has announced that the newest work in the Pocket Monsters RPG series (Game Freak, Nintendo) is being developed for the Nintendo DS for release by the end of 2010.

Since its first entry, "Pocket Monsters Red and Green" from 1996, the "Pocket Monsters" series has received high acclaim from customers around the world for its distinctive universe and gameplay that involves communicating between different versions to trade and battle. Sales for the entire series have climbed to over 130,000,000 copies worldwide.

The "Pocket Monsters" series for the Nintendo DS made use of the dual screen, touch screen, and Wi-Fi connection for play. The latest project under development is a completely new work, coming four years after "Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl" which boasts worldwide sales of over 17,150,000 copies (over 5,800,000 in Japan). It should make an innovative, fresh start by adding even more new game play and new Pokemon.

Please anticipate a later article with news about the game's content.

This is great news too me. What do you guys think? is it too early? Or just right.

Sources:
http://pokebeach.com/
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
The only things I would accept are new gameplay, NPC radius detection (instead of line-of-sight) and a Girafarig evolution line (coz that thing can be a b***h)

shito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pitman said:
When this is out in Japan the flood of pokenoobs will be tremendous for translation patch requesting....
you forgot to mention server crash and topics locked lol

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let's face it - Pokemon HAS NOT CHANGED since Red and Blue/Green. It's the same damn game, with just more Pokemon and a different map. The same story, though, every time: Start, go to grass, get a starter Pokemon from one of three, battle your rival, go to gyms, battle your rival hundreds of times, stop an evil team bent on conquering the world, beat MORE gyms, fight in a huge tournament. End game.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon should have a reboot.. with a new gameplay elements and a new battle system.. at least give us 3D models battling like the console games, the DS is powerful enough for that!! :/

But I doubt Nintendo will have the guts to risk something new with their best selling franchise

Green0scar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CockroachMan said:
Pokemon should have a reboot.. with a new gameplay elements and a new battle system.. at least give us 3D models battling like the console games, the DS is powerful enough for that!! :/

But I doubt Nintendo will have the guts to risk something new with their best selling franchise

haha when you think about it, every game in a reboot

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Green0scar said:
CockroachMan said:

haha when you think about it, every game in a reboot

Indeed.. every game kinda reboots the story and the world (altough they're all suposed to be in the same world, but different continents.. I think).

But I'm talking about a gameplay reboot.. with some significant changes.

All the Pokemon games till now were the same but with more pokemons and better graphics :/

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skyline969 said:
Let's face it - Pokemon HAS NOT CHANGED since Red and Blue/Green. It's the same damn game, with just more Pokemon and a different map. The same story, though, every time: Start, go to grass, get a starter Pokemon from one of three, battle your rival, go to gyms, battle your rival hundreds of times, stop an evil team bent on conquering the world, beat MORE gyms, fight in a huge tournament. End game.

I have to say pkm is one of the longer lasting game series there is.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The depth of Pokemon games hasn't changed since the series inception. It can remain the same game, but they really need to start concentrating on a newer style of playing. The last "new" Pokemon game I played was Sapphire, and that was the most boring thing I could remember playing at the time. I had already played Blue and Gold, and after those, enough was enough.

Perhaps they should look towards the Dragon Quest series, where each new game concentrates on a new method of exploration and story telling each time.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
but
will it be

a DSI exclusive games
or
a DSI enhanced games
or
just a
a DS game

# of pokemon
493+(5th gen #)=new number of pokemon

i would like to see a pokemon game that has ALL the regions in it
but till you be the elite 4 of a region you cant use your other region pokemon

ie
the kanto pokemon you use cant be used in sinnoh, till the sinnoh elite to beat
to change regions the elite 4 of the region your are in must be beat as well

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ryupower said:
but
will it be

a DSI exclusive games
or
a DSI enhanced games
or
just a
a DS game

# of pokemon
493+(5th gen #)=new number of pokemon

We don't know anything yet.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ZeWarrior said:
There's starting to be too many pokemon.. it'll be a pain in the ass to catch like 600+ pokemon.

As usually, you don't have to catch ALL pokemon.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...