5gen ipod video with usb loader help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by murfMan, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009
  1. murfMan
    OP

Newcomer murfMan Advanced Member

United States
    i have tried pretty much everything to get this to work with my 5gen 30gb Ipod Video. i have started by formating the ipod (with the windows formatting tool and the HP formatting tool ... not using the quick format option) to fat32, ntfs, exfat, even tried a RAW partition and everytime i plug the ipod into the wii and try to format to wbfs with usbloader 1.1 it says that the format was successful. but it shows that i have 0.0 out of 0.0gb free. then when i try to install a game it gives me a (DSI) exception and memory dump. in usb loader 1.5 whenever i try to format the ipod it gives me a (ISI) exception and a memory dump. I have also tried to use the Max's WBFS GUI when i use that i get,

Code:
    error writing to hd sector: No Error
    also i have DO cios rv10 installed and i AM putting the ipod into disk mode.
    i have tried plugging the ipod into both the usb ports on the back of the wii ... still nothing. is there anything that i am missing?
    anyone who has actually got this working wanna give me any advice?

any help would be great, thanks!

2. murfMan
    OP

Newcomer murfMan Advanced Member

United States
    anyone??

3. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the same problem with the "error writing to hd sector: No error" with my 160gb ipod classic. I can't get anything to happen on Usb Loaders, just error ret -1 after the 30 second time out...I just gave up [​IMG]

4. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    use a real hard drive. ipod is only screwing up your games and its probably not good for the ipod's drive either