51% of Finnish gaming company Supercell sold for $1.5 billion

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Qtis, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Qtis
    OP

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    [​IMG]

You've all probably heard about the games called Clash of Clans and Hay Day? You've also probably heard that they alone are making roughly $1-$2 million a day for the company that has made them?

Well things just got more interesting!

:arrow: Source via Forbes

Most notable change is that the company is now mainly owned by the Japanese, but all operations will continue to be lead from Finland, including taxes. The future is now more secure and the company's growth is more and more probable.

Just as a nice bit of information, during Q1/2013 the company's pure profits were over $100m after all expenses and payments to Apple.

2. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ...Who...?

Bladexdsl, Minox, KingVamp and 2 others like this.
  3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    You have hope for them? As if they stand a chance.

Face it, they're Finnished.

TehSkull likes this.
  4. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Nope.

Bladexdsl, Minox and Gahars like this.
  5. Osha

Osha Weh

Jun 19, 2012
    France
    I must be living under a rock because that's the first time I heard of that company or these games.

6. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    I've seen an ad for that game, but... who?

7. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    • In the Clash of Clans, players build their community, train troops and attack other players to earn gold, elixir, and dark elixir. They also build defenses to protect from attackers. The game includes chat so players can communicate. Players can also join clans to aid one another with forces.
    • In Hay Day players build a farm with fields and animals. They can gather crops to sell them to other players or to feed their animals and make value added products and feed. The game allows players to "friend" other players and engage in trade.
    • In Battle Buddies player controls group of 5 characters which battle in a small arena against another group of 5 buddies. Game was turn-based and had similar feel to other turn based games such as UFO: Enemy Unknown, without destructible buildings.
    • Gunshine.net

Sounds like a triple A company to me!