$50 on PayPal to whoever can make this work!~GameCube Emulator~

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Orben, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    Okay. i have been working on this for literally days now, with many hours of trial and error and it still will not work right!
    I have a black wii that is gamecube compatible and i am running os ver. 4.3u.
    I hacked my wii using letterbomb and have both the homebrew and bootmii software.
    when i pess the home menu in the homebrew channel it says 1.1.2- ios58 v24.32 in the upper right
    I followed the original guide at the beginning of this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-gamecube-games-off-a-usb-hdd.329628/ to the exact letter multiple times, and im using only the software in the given links.
    My iso is a clean rip that i have confirmed as working on my computer with dolphin emulator(only problem is my cpu is too slow to run it full speed or even half speed). it is ntsc to match my system and region.
    WiiFlow Recognizes my device and when i click play in the menu, it shows me the big DM block, followed by a flash of green. shortly after my game begins to play crisp clear audio... but no video. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    At this point i am willing to pay someone for tech support that will work because if it doesnt work i will have to buy another copy of every one of my games just to have a playable backup!!!
    **edit**
    I downloaded Dios-Mios 2.10 after reading the thread, same results though.
    I have tried all kinds of trial and error things here, scrubbing the iso. using compressed and non compressed, gmc and iso, etc etc...

2. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    try forcing ntsc in the wiiflow video settings

Yes, it can make a difference

3. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    I tried all the wii flow video settings. ntsc 480p/i and even pal 480p/i. as well as game and default. i did this in the main settings as well as the settings in the menu before you press play...

4. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    it occurs to me im using wii flow ver 2.1 is there a newer version that i should use?

5. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    Out of question, what game are you trying to play? Or is it all of them?

6. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    The main one i want to play is sonic adventure 2 battle, and it is currently my favorite guinea pig game for the purpose.

7. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    but im also having the same problem with wind waker and super smash bros

8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    DIOS MIOS v2.10 won't even install for me, and i've re-downloaded it several times, and tried several wad managers and sd cards... I give up.

9. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    Are you using multi mod manager?
    do you have the wad file in a folder named 'wad' on the root of your sd?
    what ios are you using? (check this by pressing the home key in the homebrew channel and looking at the upper right hand corner)

10. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Is the game(s) you are trying to play PAL or NTSC?

I had softmodded my sister's wii at one point and vaguely recall some video output issues though I did use NTSC games, forcing video out settings fixed it. Not anything close to the issues you seem to be having, but running PAL games on a NTSC Wii through DIOS-MIOS might produce issues. I never ran any PAL games on either the Wii or the Wii in GC mode, so I can't say from experience if there would be issues trying that.

11. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    Y
    ya its like i said in my original post, my iso's are clean ntsc rips.

12. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    does anyone have a link to the latest version of wiiflow?

13. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    ISO58, I think, and yes, i tried MMM from the wad folder, both from various sd cards, and usb sticks.

14. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I recall you mentioning the Wii was NTSC, but didn't see what the game types were. Dios-MIOS from what I understand it is just a MIOS replacement. The app you are trying to load the games from is just a front end thing. I recall having problems with WiiFlow for GC games so used an alternate launcher. Try CFG USB Loader instead for your GC games. I definitely remember installing that on my sister's Wii.

There should be a version that supports the SD card slot if you aren't using a USB based device to store your games on. WiiFlow worked fine for Wii backups, but I had issues trying to launch GC games. I ended up just using a seperate app to launch the games. I don't think anything is wrong with your DIOS-MIOS installation. Try a different launcher. That's your best bet. ;)

15. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    Apache if this works your the winner!

16. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    for the sake of argument 'My iso is a clean rip that i have confirmed as working on my computer with dolphin emulator(only problem is my cpu is too slow to run it full speed or even half speed). it is ntsc to match my system and region.'
    also i am trying for usb not sd. thanks again.

17. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Well you should be good either way. CFG USB Loader was geared to USB method of storage and SD Card loading was added on later. So you may get the best results with that one. My sister's Wii didn't use USB. :P

18. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    should i go with Cfg_USB_Loader_70

19. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    can you walk me through installing cfg usb loader?

20. Orben
    OP

Orben Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    idk then. why do you want that version of dios mios anyways? there is a newer version.