Hardware 5 things you should know about the Wii U

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
indeed if you pull out the disc in a quiet room you'll hear the difference, but if you leave it in there you'll not even be aware of it.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, we can't tell if it's harmful or harmless or not.

True, but there is the possibility that it can damage something. I've just never felt comfortable just pulling the plug on a home console. Hell, even the PS1 had hard resets, but I don't recall that ever crashing on me :D.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The noise from the 360 DVD drive is noisy. If you've installed the game to the hard drive, it's only noisy when you launch a game (disk validation), afterwards it remains silent.

If the wii-u drive is noisy, how frequently is the disk spinning? constantly during gameplay, or just while loading new assets?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The noise from the 360 DVD drive is noisy. If you've installed the game to the hard drive, it's only noisy when you launch a game (disk validation), afterwards it remains silent.

If the wii-u drive is noisy, how frequently is the disk spinning? constantly during gameplay, or just while loading new assets?
NXE to God, FSD; no need for disc;-) My slim was quiet except for hard drive if all background noise in the room was gone/minimal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.