Hacking 5.50 Prometheus 4 or 6.35 PRO

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically, I have been using Prometheus for quite a long time and am thinking to upgrade as 6.35 PRO runs more games without requiring any patch whatsoever.

Now, I would like to have suggestions as which one is better functionality wise and if it really is worth to upgrade.
I know 6.35 is easy to update to CFW as it does not require any exploit like HEN.
And would my existing plug-ins like CWCheat work on 6.35?

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
But promitheus already runs new game without patching
blink.gif

I think you should stay on 5.50 pro4 because this CFW has compatibility with everything (ISO,Emulators,Plugins)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
PRO-B4 has more functionality built-in. I've lessened the number of plugins I use because it can already access PSN, and lets me disable gameboot and such.

Some plugins work, some don't. I've only use CWCheat for POPS (not normal games), but it works. CMFusion appears to work for normal games as well. For those that don't work, there's sometimes a 6.x replacement.

It can play PSX games, but you can't uses POPSloader to increase compatibility for the titles that need it.

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One more thing, Can i downgrade back to prometheus if I updated to 6.35PRO?

Edit, I saw that i need to uninstall the Prometheus if i want to move to OFW or it will brick, Is that true?

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Go on 6.20 Pro B4.
Been able to download everything from PSN again. Even the free DLC of Patapon 3. PSX problems dont occur too.
Faster loading of ISO and such.

krzym1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are there any tools for creating pandora on pro-b4? I'm currently on m33 with prometheus and I'm thinking about updating.

QUOTE said:
What about the bricking thing?

I'd also liek to know.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing. Hellcat's recovery first, then OFW 6.20, and finally Pro B-4. It was a breeze, and I didn't even need my pandora. In my opinion, no sense not updating to 6.20 Pro B-4. Everything loads faster, and game compatibility is great. However, I don't use plugins at all, nor do I play psx games. I managed to get Star Driver running past a certain point in the game where Prometheus 4 would always freeze at, which was all the reason I needed to stay. Also, before you say all games can be patched, I would like to say that this game had been out for a few months now, and there is still no patch in sight.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why 6.20 instead of 6.35 even on fully flashable PSPs?

EDIT: Well, using 6.20 without problems. PSN and all my PSP/PS1 games working without issues, nice!

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I was playing with 6.20 I noticed that the CWCheat would keep codes enabled even when toggled off, any fix for this?

Edit: System settings and Theme settings make the PSP freeze and turn off, what the hell

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
ISO tool is the universal patcher (and gets updated often).

That's only if you also get a bunch of optional plugins. For example, the latest version (1.971 OFW in this case) has an empty ME631 folder. In fact, at this point I'm betting there would be lesser and more infrequent updates in the future. The tool is almost perfect, for now. Of course, I've already tested the patcher on my non-working game to no avail, and that's why I'm glad Pro B4 was released.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
Why 6.20 instead of 6.35 even on fully flashable PSPs?6.20 PRO-B4 can be installed on PSPs that older firmwares couldn't, like the Go and many 3000s (and all 2000s). While the 6.35 version has the same features, if something new comes for 6.20 it's one less downgrade that needs to be performed.

tj445 said:
Edit: System settings and Theme settings make the PSP freeze and turn off, what the hellDisable all plugins, if it stops happening then use the process of elimination to find which plugin it was.

QUOTE(DarkDusk @ Apr 14 2011, 09:53 AM)
That's only if you also get a bunch of optional plugins. For example, the latest version (1.971 OFW in this case) has an empty ME631 folder. In fact, at this point I'm betting there would be lesser and more infrequent updates in the future. The tool is almost perfect, for now. Of course, I've already tested the patcher on my non-working game to no avail, and that's why I'm glad Pro B4 was released.
Isn't the main concern the addition of support for new keys?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.