OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PSPGEN said:
The firmware 5.50GEN-D2 and 5.03HEN-B are now online for a while and they have demonstrated their stability.

quick-updater-5-50gen-d2-1_00328767.jpg

However, new games coming out and their protective anti-custom firmwares worries begin to ask people who buy their games because UMD do not work necessarily in the state. It is also irritating to see that these protections bother most gamers who buy their games than those who download illegally. Indeed, in general, the ISO is patched or modified to switch to a custom firmware and it crashes so only people who buy their games. This tends to force a user non-hacker who wants to continue to stay in Custom firmware to take advantage of the underground, to dive the wrong side of the force to play his game, even if he has bought.

5-03gen-d3-2_00329356.jpg

What's new in these new versions:
  • Both options are already installed and working perfectly.
  • Compatibility with games / demos from the PSN sold until Listed (Tekken 6, Gundam, etc..) - OK
  • Compatible with UMD games sold until Listed (Tekken 6, Gundam, etc..) - OK
What's possible in these new versions?
  • These options are under development. We try to establish in the D3 but nothing is yet clear on these points.
  • Support for the new Go! Cam (with the fouls Invizimals) - Ongoing. This will take advantage of invizimals and Eye of Judgment. The addition of the compatibility of this new camera will be tried as soon as we receive our copy.
  • Support for the NIDS 6.0 - Ongoing Yoshihiro working on the addition of 6.0 nests on 5.50GEN. This would launch SenseMe and Digital Comics. For the moment this possibility is in its infancy.
  • Network Update - Ongoing It is posssible to update the custom firmware via internet.
screenshot067_00330928.png

And the release date?
We decided the releaser 5.50GEN-D3 and 5.03GEN C December 15, 2009. This should help to finalize all the points we have set ourselves.

Source: PSPGEN (in French language) and translated in English by NexusRagna of PSPGEN Forums

Two new custom firmwares will be released on December 15 2009. That means we can't wait for these custom firmwares to play new encrypted games such as Puyo Puyo 7, Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Tekken 6.

UPDATE (12-14-2009): Two new custom firmwares will be released on the next day between 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM (Paris time).
UPDATE (12-15 and 16-2009): 5.03 GEN-C and 5.50 GEN-D3 is ready for download.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
15th huh... I'm still secretly hoping that a new decryptor will be released to make Gundam work on 5.00m33.
tongue.gif
But if nothing happens I'll have to update to GEN.
nyanya.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sorry for the double post, this is pspslimhacks version

QUOTE said:
The Team GEN crew have posted on PSPGEN their progress on Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D3 and 5.03 GEN-C, which are at the moment work in progress firmwares. Slated for a December 15th release (2 weeks away) the new firmware will focus on support for the PSP Go! Cam (using the eye of judgment), running games and demos that require firmware 6.xx, both PSN downloads and UMD versions. Also they will finally get the network updater running for GEN Firmwares. Something we haven’t seen working since the M33 firmware days… So we can just run the network update from our XMB and update to the latest GEN Custom Firmware release.

Yoshihiro is also working on the NIDS 6.0 support. So we might be able to run SenseMe and Digital Comics. So we just have to sit back and wait for some new CFW goodness pre Xmas…

And if your in the Xmas giving mood already Team GEN are taking donations. Hell I flicked them a 10?er for all they have done.

Team GEN Paypal donations can be sent to: [email protected] (They will go to the dev team and not pspgen.com)

I think i'm going to donate.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
15th huh... I'm still secretly hoping that a new decryptor will be released to make Gundam work on 5.00m33.
tongue.gif
nyanya.gif

I don't understand why people are on m33, like "loyal" m33 users. Heck all we want in the end is play game for free
tongue.gif

Nothing intended by that, im sure a lot of brains was put behind m33 cfw but lets face it, we couldn't care less, as long as we can play our games.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Raika said:
tongue.gif
nyanya.gif

I don't understand why people are on m33, like "loyal" m33 users. Heck all we want in the end is play game for free
tongue.gif

Nothing intended by that, im sure a lot of brains was put behind m33 cfw but lets face it, we couldn't care less, as long as we can play our games.
Homebrew support.
wink2.gif

Although I don't use much homebrew.
tongue.gif
I'm just lazy to update.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
it was announced last week and I'm glad they are not rushing it for the internetz cookiez

if this runs any of the recent demos, it will be full of win

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Maz7006 said:
Raika said:
tongue.gif
nyanya.gif

tongue.gif

That's a descition only we can make. I even stayed in my 5.00-m33 4 and never updated to 6.

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
D3 and 5.03 is for psp3000 and psp's with the unhackeble motherboard.

and i dont think that they will fix psn store access

shito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
let's see if i got it right, 5.03GEN-C is for unhackable psp's and it will play games that require firmware 6.XX?(i'm a psp noob)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1