Gaming 5.50 gen-a

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
GEN sucks, their firmware is packed with bugs and plugins which are better left as plugins and not integrated into the firmware itself. Update to 5.00 M33-6 and there is some functions to bypass the PSN problems I think.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
In the recovery menu there is an option to bypass the version check and if that doesn't work you have to edit the file in flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt I think it is located at to match 5.51 version number.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope you are wrong at the moment M33 firmware can't get onto the PSN store, but even so I would stick with the M33 Firmware, GEN firmware has issues. 5.50 isn't really better at all imho.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that Sony made it to where CFW's couldn't get onto the PSN store because some people actually do BUY PSN games lol so they are just making even less money from them.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
Timpa said:
so you guys think that soud wait?
I think you should, people have been saying that the person who does the M33 firmware stopped but he hasn't he just isn't releasing a firmware for 5.50.

The guy said it himself. The latest firmware from Sony didn't add enough features to warrant the hassle of whipping up another M33 over.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm SO thinking of upgrading to 5.50GEN-B. I wanna play Evangelion: Jo so bad
frown.gif

But it doesn't have the Kernel 1.5 AddOn, which is a major let-down for me.
Most of my homebrews are 1.50-only. Maybe when they'll release the 1.5 Add-On...

I'd prefer SO much that DaX himself would put a new update out, but it seems he's let the PSP scene off, even if he still has to say it officially.

Timpa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.almightyclan.tk
XP
Country
i think that i upgrade to gen-a
and then upgrade to newer m33 later,
the only two homebrews i use is gpsp_mod and psptube ultimate, wich i hope not use 1.50 kernel, damn DaX that dont do a firmwire, i must have gen

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
What if my PSP is on official 5.50, and I want to get 5.00 M33-6? Or is 5.50GEN-B not all that bad?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
What if my PSP is on official 5.50, and I want to get 5.00 M33-6? Or is 5.50GEN-B not all that bad?

What series PSP do you have? ...if you have a SLIM N LITE 3000 series on 5.50 there's probably no way back for you or M33 Firmware! ... you can only use GEN exploits!

if you have an exploitable PSP such as the 1000 series/2000 series you can use PANDORA or HELLCATS recovery flasher using the TIFF exploit!

@raing3 those exploits have been blocked now and you need higher than 5.50 ie 5.51 OFW to get on PSN or play online now
frown.gif

unless DAX (Dark Alex) or anyone updates the M33 firmware to match then OFW is the ONLY way!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.