Hacking 5.5.1 Wii U not sure if I should update.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to softmod my Wii U (eventually) but I also want to play BoTW. My problem is that my SM is at 5.5.1 and the BoTW disc is prompting me to update.

Is there anything I should know before I update the Wii U? Any pros or cons to 5.5.2?

I currently have a softmodded Wii that performs great. The only thing I'd wish from it is better emulation of 5th gen consoles.

Besides Wii U usb game loading, is there anything else that makes a modded Wii U standout from a modded Wii? Will it ever be possible to run Nintendont in tablet mode?

I guess that would be the largest draw for me. I would like to be able to do all the things I do on the Wii, in tablet mode. And, emulation that takes advantage of the Wii U's increased performance.

Last edited by portugeek,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you plan on buying a legitimate DS VC game from the eShop for Haxchi, you should follow this guide to block updates. Otherwise, running hacks through the 5.5.2 browser will become very unreliable and will result in a lot of crashes. There is also no benefit to updating to 5.5.2. If you have or plan on installing Haxchi, then the browser is irrelevant, and you can update if you want.

When you're done blocking updates, you can run NNU-Patcher from the Homebrew Launcher to install game updates like those required to play Breath of the Wild. Merely launch NNU-Patcher and then attempt to load the game.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: