Hacking 5.4.0 update firmware available

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so, I just disabled the quick menu 3 days ago, that means my wii U is not checking online updates in the background (yellow light) so am I safe? or is my wii U on the new firmware already?
No, that's not enough. The Wii U will automatically update in the background unless you remove your internet settings or block the URLs on your router.

tots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, that's not enough. The Wii U will automatically update in the background unless you remove your internet settings or block the URLs on your router.

Damn I'm screwed then. I've been meaning to block the URLs for about a week and now I'm paying the price for my laziness.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just check your console and see. Nintendo don't necessarily push out updates to everybody at the same time.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so it means I cannot access internet trough my wii U at all unless I block the black list url right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was in the same boat; I unplugged my router and turned on my WiiU to find that I was thankfully still on 5.3.2. You should be safe.
yep, I just checked my wii U this morning and everything is ok at 5.3.2 BUT we need to be so careful, home-brew is around the corner :D

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd just delete your internet settings on your Wii U completely for now. I know people like to play online, but you're going to have to make a choice for now.

There are a couple of guides for blocking certain URLs on your router or using OpenDNS but you can do that later - the important thing for now is to not update.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as i know, the web browser has been updated :) i dont see any difference but the search button now will send you to a nintendo search system or something, and then we can now post commentson the youtube website (before the update kept saying that you weren't logged in).
Actually you could comment, all you needed to do was open up google + and sign in, it would have carried over to youtube.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
My router had a reset that i didn't notice and removed my blacklist. Update happened a couple of minutes ago. Sad days inc.:unsure:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't understand why people kept their internet settings set up. I know some people like to play Mario Kart online or whatever, but surely just delete your internet settings when you're done? I personally wouldn't even rely on the blacklist to be 100% safe.

Or, don't let your Wii U go into standby mode. Power down from the plug socket.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I am not the official word but for those of you waiting on homebrew you really should be safe upgrading to latest firmware.
It's webkit even the current version of webkit is filled with bugs. (wii u isn't even on the most current)
And as far as cafe os is concerned there are so many bugs that simple patches won't take care of that even if they patch the known os bugs it would require an entire re write and new hardware to fix the biggest exploitable os bug.
I mean seriously why cripple the average users wii u to wait on something they won't even be able to online game after having?
And for those that think spoofing the update to go online is the answer go take a look at the xbox 360 scene. Ask most modded console users about how "problem free" their online experience was/ still is. Can tell you with 99% certainty it will be detected and you will be eventually banned online with spoofed firmware.Just do yourself a favor and update. Like I said "My word on this is for sure NOT OFFICIAL WORD". But, why on earth would you have a console you really like to play online and to it's full manufactured potential and intentionally gimp it? It just makes no sense at all.
The Wii U will be fully Hacked and will be done on the Latest Firmware. (well unless open webkit is removed which probably won't happen...)

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since the future is unpredictable and comparisons with other systems are pointless, there really only is one thing you should do and that is NOT to update EVER until an exploit is actually released!

If the exploit requires a higher firmware than what you have installed, you can still use one of the many games to update to that version.

Reactions: pelago

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, especially crediar and Marionumber1.:bow:

Nintendo warns of the error 108-0065 to download the version 5.4.0. Wii U

Nintendo has commented on his own Japanese Twitter a while ago about the latest update of the Wii U; which updates the firmware of the console to version 5.4.0.

Nintendo has mentioned that users may encounter the error when updating 108-0065 and its American counterpart warns the same problem in your web discharge. The Japanese company is already down to work and solve these problems expected soon. Nintendo has apologized for the inconvenience and advises owners of Wii U simply wait until things are corrected.

Forgive sins with google translate.

I will update when you fix the mistake as the scene will get us through any version of Wii U, you just have to wait and enjoy WII U.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, especially crediar and Marionumber1.:bow:

Nintendo warns of the error 108-0065 to download the version 5.4.0. Wii U

Nintendo has commented on his own Japanese Twitter a while ago about the latest update of the Wii U; which updates the firmware of the console to version 5.4.0.

Nintendo has mentioned that users may encounter the error when updating 108-0065 and its American counterpart warns the same problem in your web discharge. The Japanese company is already down to work and solve these problems expected soon. Nintendo has apologized for the inconvenience and advises owners of Wii U simply wait until things are corrected.

Forgive sins with google translate.

I will update when you fix the mistake as the scene will get us through any version of Wii U, you just have to wait and enjoy WII U.
Actually this is the official nintendo link.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...?error_code=108-0065&system=Wiiu&locale=en_US

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So if I put back my internet settings (I deleted them completely so my Wii U wouldn't auto update) while I'm playing the Wii U (and then delete them again right before I turn it off), will it update while I'm actually playing it?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My understanding is that it automatically downloads he update in the background while playing, prompting to install later. I might be wrong.

At this point in time, just don't risk it. I know people want to play Splatoon etc., but we knew this was going to happen eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE