Hacking [5.4.0] Homebrew Launcher Portal

05sonicblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: This has been added as a link on my homepage so you can now to reach the page just be going to 05sonicblue.com

A lot of people are using my hosted solution for 5.4 (and some for 5.5) and so I decided to tweak thinks a little bit. I created a homebrew launcher portal with the actual used items and not all of the base functionality homebrew that we used for testing.

For the time being, I will leave the old site containing all of the base functionality examples up; however, the plan is to replace that with this new site within the next several weeks

This is intended to be used by 5.4 users, although, it should also work for 5.3.2. As I verify apps over the next week or 2, I will be adding them to the list and hopefully loadiine V2 will be replaced with V4 soon.

This package can be self hosted using this zip file (http://05sonicblue.com/hbl/WiiUSite.zip), or can be access going to this url:

http://05sonicblue.com/hbl

If anyone has icons that they want to share to plugin here, let me know. I used icons that I already had.

Last edited by 05sonicblue,

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the suggested order of running these? Do they need to be run every boot up? Sorry this is my first time modding my wii u and have been waiting patiently for 5.4 support to happen.

05sonicblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should check out the first post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/5-4-0-progress.410056/

That post has lots of info and that is the thread that I am most active on as it relates to 5.4.

When running loadinne, make sure you run the loadiine specific kernel exploit first and after the browser reboots, then run loadiine. You should always run the kernel exploit before launching any app the first time after a boot up or after visiting the settings menu. Going to the settings menu or rebooting the console, will reset the kernel exploit so it will have to be reran.

05sonicblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the release is official now after several days of extensive tuning and testing, loadiine v3 has been added to my homebrew launcher @ http://05sonicblue.com/hbl as well as the self host package.

Important: If you host this in IIS under Windows, you will need to add a mimetype of application/octet-stream for the type .elf

Reactions: CroCop and Don Jon
D

Deleted User

This is awesome. Would it be too much to ask for some cool little CSS bubbles? XD

05sonicblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is intended to be self hosted. The system does not like the latency of going over the internet. I've never had an issue getting to the site or using it while hosting locally via IIS or Python.

05sonicblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been added as a link on my homepage so you can now to reach the page just be going to 05sonicblue.com and clicking on Wii U Homebrew Launcher

Can someone please verify if Update Remover is working on 5.4? I don't have any corrupted updates to test it with.

porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi 05sonicblue,

I self hosted your files in my server (WiiUSite folder inside www) but Wii U freeze every time when i try launch exploit.
Your Homebrew Launcher don't work yet with 5.3.2 ?

thx nice work
porto

aspire78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hi 05sonicblue,

I self hosted your files in my server (WiiUSite folder inside www) but Wii U freeze every time when i try launch exploit.
Your Homebrew Launcher don't work yet with 5.3.2 ?

thx nice work
porto

This is just for 5.4.0 not 5.3.2

Reactions: KiiWii

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
my portal intends to have 5.3.2 support , but as yet i havent added the files , you can try the 5.4 pages though here @ www.wiiubru.com also with a self hosting option. theres a few of these pages around all pretty similar , just have different gui's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1