Hacking 5.05 how the hell run fake pkg from usb I need tutorial noob without android or no esp only pc host

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
how the hell run fake pkg from usb I need tutorial noob without android or no esp only pc host or ps4 guide someting very please tutorial im desparate i can only play game from internal i have formated 4tb to exfat

Last edited by krzys4x,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how the hell run fake pkg from usb I need tutorial noob without android or no esp only pc host or ps4 guide sometingvery plase tutorial im desparate i can only play game from internal i have formated 4tb to exfat

https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Use HFS and host my self host pack.

Simple.

Fake pkg games have to be installed from usb to internal, but after you can use apptousb to move them to external.

Last edited by KiiWii,

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
on internal they working but i want install on usb external 4tb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

please add noob tutorial app2usb

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but you cant erase the games from internal,they stay there baby.
Of course not, theyre symlinks.

apptousb makes a link from external to internal so ps4 thinks game is still in same location, but in fact its been moved for better storage.

If you erase the game from "internal", you erase the installation details of the game to the system.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about this method. Can you have some titles installed to internal and others to USB or do they all need to be installed to the same location? Also, am I understanding this correctly - the installation data is moved (cut and paste) from internal to external but some kind of link resides that redirects the loader to the USB drive (likely app.db)? Some have noted that the internal installation needs to remain for the game to load, but this would make no sense in using an external drive as you'd run out of room quicker on internal before utilising the rest of your space on external. Or are these individuals just referring to the game folder with no data in, almost like a place-marker?

Thanks.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not, theyre symlinks.

apptousb makes a link from external to internal so ps4 thinks game is still in same location, but in fact its been moved for better storage.

If you erase the game from "internal", you erase the installation details of the game to the system.
thank you baby!!

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No games will be installed to internal, added to ps4 database, then moved to external and linked via symlink.

Then you will be playing game from external, but ps4 thinks its internal.
Your help and patience toward the OP is noteworthy.
As you note, the PS4 thinks the game is still internal. This can be verified by looking at the info stats of the game.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about this method. Can you have some titles installed to internal and others to USB or do they all need to be installed to the same location? Also, am I understanding this correctly - the installation data is moved (cut and paste) from internal to external but some kind of link resides that redirects the loader to the USB drive (likely app.db)? Some have noted that the internal installation needs to remain for the game to load, but this would make no sense in using an external drive as you'd run out of room quicker on internal before utilising the rest of your space on external. Or are these individuals just referring to the game folder with no data in, almost like a place-marker?

Thanks.

You can specify MOVE or IGNORE in the apptousb.ini to specify which games you want externally. You can have games in either internal or external its up to you where they are. Internal installation does need to remain,but it auto moves the games to external, freeing up that internal space. There is a symlink and a db that links those game files to the location in the db so the ps4 can find it: classic redirection :)

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
You can specify MOVE or IGNORE in the apptousb.ini to specify which games you want externally. You can have games in either internal or external its up to you where they are. Internal installation does need to remain,but it auto moves the games to external, freeing up that internal space. There is a symlink and a db that links those game files to the location in the db so the ps4 can find it: classic redirection :)

Ah the very man! Thanks for answering my query, much appreciated. I have been trying to get this working for some time now but I'm running into issues.

I have got the exfat USB set up with PS4/CUDAxxxx/app.pkg. I have a copy of the game installed internally. I have edited the ini which I have placed in the PS4 folder on the usb stick. I have added the game code in and commented out the USB check and Move lines. But for whatever reason, when I run the app2usb payload, it doesn't find the game, despite being listed in the ini. It's quite frustrating because most of the guides and vids I find are relating to the 4.55 web exploit and there are some things which are a little different for 5.05.

Last edited by GunzOfNavarone,

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
@GunzOfNavarone hmm it should work, have you tried plugging into the other USB socket?

Is your ini default settings or specific?

Specific -

To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
CHECK_USB
To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
//RENAME_APP
To disable the processing of icons/art and sound uncomment the line below.
//DISABLE_META
To leave game updates on the internal drive uncomment the line below.
//IGNORE_UPDATES
To move DLC to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
//MOVE_DLC
To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
MODE_MOVE
Example ignore or move usage.
CUSA05770

I have just checked my USB drive and it's filled the PS4 directory with empty folders with their respective game codes (presumably copies of the internal usb directory) but the game I have listed above has been filled with the game art relating to the game and the pkg is still in there. I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all