Hacking 5.00m33-6 or 6.60 Pro C

mkdms14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a psp 1000 I hacked it about two years ago and installed 5.00m33-6 CFW on it. I was wondering if there had been any amazing groundbreaking or improvements in home-brew for psp. Should I stay on 5.00m33-6 or should I upgrade? Advantages or disadvantages?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with Pro C you won't have to worry about patching your games to play them. Native PSN too (I can't remember if 5.00m33-6 required plugins like psnlover or whatever).

It's worth the upgrade. Everything just works, no BS.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, there are a few things that's been stopping me from updating to 6.60 Pro C, and what I mainly do are the usual stuff during the m33 days: PSP games, PS1 games, emulators like GBA, and plugins. Are those 4 categories just as good on Pro C as they are (were) on M33 5.00? One thing in particular that I've been interested in, is a plugin in-game that shows my battery percentage in the Home menu. I saw one supporting only the newer firmwares, but does it do what I mentioned (it's never been clarified -__-) Thanks for the answers.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have been using the PRO CFW for everything and i have no issues. every psn, mini, eboot, psp game, ps1 game, etc, i've tried worked the 1st time. i've made a bunch of my own psx conversations and those work without an issue. my only complaint is a lack of 1.5 homebrew/emulation support. but you'll only care about that if you come across 2 or 3 old homebrew/emulation projects that never got an update.

-another world

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, already had two games fail on me:
- the new rouroni kenshin game
- taiko no tatsujin 2

Taiko no Tatsujin 2 is from 2006, way before 5.00....that's less likely a firmware problem than a game issue.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Support for new plugins/homebrews/games, PSN/SEN access, DLC unlocking stuff, early-version PRO-online testing (ad-hoc over the 'net via the PSP itself), integration of various common features you previously needed plugins for (boot logo blocking), blah blah blah.
He has a PSP-1000, let's not give him hope... :P

That said, there's absolutely no reason to stay on 5.00 - 6.60 is improved in just about all the areas from compatibility to stability and he should update to PRO C. ;)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That said, there's absolutely no reason to stay on 5.00 - 6.60 is improved in just about all the areas from compatibility to stability and he should update to PRO C. ;)

Laziness? Works for me...i've had no real reason to update my 1000. My Go, sure, but not old faithful.

Ultimately, read about the new features and if nothing grabs you, then don't bother. Nothing beats being fully informed.

Reactions: 1 person

mkdms14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks guys. Just one more question I heard that my old menu themes won't work on 6.60 Pro C is there a way to convert 5.00m33-6 themes to work on 6.60 Pro C?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks guys. Just one more question I heard that my old menu themes won't work on 6.60 Pro C is there a way to convert 5.00m33-6 themes to work on 6.60 Pro C?
Most of the popular themes have already been converted by someone, somewhere. I just search on Google for "theme name" 6.20 [or whichever version you have running there) and threads pop up.

There are ways to convert them, but you'd have to add icons for things that weren't on 5.00 themes, if any. Like comics in the extras section.

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a Psp 3000 6.20 PRO-C and cannot run the game Need for Speed 5-1-0, if I update to 6.60 will it work and how do I update. Thanks

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this goes offtopic but is there any save issues when upgrading from a 5.50 GEN firmware to a 6.60 pro C? Like, will the saves created from PSP games that ran under a GEN firmware work with a different CFW?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this goes offtopic but is there any save issues when upgrading from a 5.50 GEN firmware to a 6.60 pro C? Like, will the saves created from PSP games that ran under a GEN firmware work with a different CFW?

Possibly, but there are ways to fix it now semi-automatically without having to downgrade and use savegame deemer. In fact, I believe they added code into one of the later Pro-B firmwares to try to automatically fix such saved games (though it doesn't always work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte