Hacking 4x Ps4 Pros 4.55 Target Stock

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my local Target (small town Florida keys) has a TON of ps4 pros they said haven't sold since April last year. They say the slims sell very well but the Pros they have in stock sit there.

I bought one for the heck of it (all 4 of them they have in stock are sequential serial numbers) and its on 4.55! Yay!

Is there a buy/sell forum on here? Whats the best way for me to get these to people who really want them? I'm of course looking to make a buck or 2 for the trouble but not looking to extort like those selling them for $800 on ebay. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the best way for me to get these to people who really want them?
Selling it at a price that doesn't get you "a buck or 2 for the trouble." You bought one for the sole purpose of reselling it, so it wasn't any trouble. It's not like someone asked you to search all throughout Florida for a 4.55 PS4 Pro.

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to the store, going to a shipping place, packing it up... all of this is time. Time is money. Ill probably keep it if nobody wants it and just spread the info that if anyone wants some 4.55 Ps4 Pro's, the Florida Keys has them!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't expect too much, asking price range on ebay is around 300 but you lose like 30 buck to eBay fees, and chance of you selling it you probably have to offer like free shipping etc.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.55 Ps4 Pros are going for $100 less than new Ps4 pros on Ebay?

Not that just that you might have the console sitting around for a while, you might make some profit out of it, not a lot of people willing to spend like 500-600 on a 4.55 ps4 pro when they can get a regular 4.55 ps4 around 300.

Last edited by Hayato213,

cruz1383

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would be interested in one man. let me know ill post my email cause i cant send PMs cause im hardly ever on here posting im more bystander most of the time.

cruz1383

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cruz1383 at yahoo I don't have pm access yet. After I receive an email from you I will give you my phone number so you can text me

pcgeek52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I could help someone out, bought s slim and pro both 4.55 set them up, and attempted to sell them at cost even throwing in a sandisk wireless USB, just really wanted to try the exploit, now I have 2 boxed up consoles I'll have forever! Tried craigslist but everyone wants to tell you it's worth $100 or $200 for the pro and they'll give you CASH lol.

cruz1383

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well pcgeek send me an email cruz1383 at yahoo i might have a couple more buddies that might want one i don't have PM access yet. i have talked to viper but i ended up getting a pro off ebay for 450 new (i told a seller to look at the Firmware of his oldest box he had and if it was 4.55 i would give him $450 for it an it worked it was 4.55 lol) if you can sell them at cost to one of my buddies im sure theyll take one at least.

Last edited by cruz1383,

pcgeek52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well pcgeek send me an email cruz1383 at yahoo i might have a couple more buddies that might want one i don't have PM access yet. i have talked to viper but i ended up getting a pro off ebay for 450 new (i told a seller to look at the Firmware of his oldest box he had and if it was 4.55 i would give him $450 for it an it worked it was 4.55 lol) if you can sell them at cost to one of my buddies im sure theyll take one at least.
I'll do that I got them on sale too so cost would be around $375 plus shipping.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Keep in mind that "asking price" on ebay does not mean they go for that much, its like Beanie Babies, a lot of people ebay list some rare ones for $8000, but if you look at actual sold through ones they only sell for like $15 to $20. Also dont forget you will pay to both ebay and paypal part of your sale price. Which is about 10% total. So if you sell one for $500, you will pay about $50 in fees. plus shipping costs. If you consider the fact that you also paid tax on that $400 Target purchase (and actually paid around $435 for the console), then you are lucky if you break even.

PS4 Pros on 4.55 usually go for close to the retail price since its so easy to get them. Often they will actually go for less than retail especially if box is opened. Its still very easy to get 4.55 Pros even in one of the biggest cities in USA. Targets, GameStops all sell 4.55 Pros still. Someone just posted on reddit yesterday that their local GameStop has over 15 PS4 Pros on 4.55.

The whole situation is not helped by the fact that there is little to no benefit of owning a Pro since very few PS4 Pro supported games run on 4.55 or earlier, and those that do have very tiny differences (one could argue not worth extra $100). Uncharted 4 for example, or Horizon, ud have to look pretty hard to see Pro upgrades.

And slims run cooler and quieter than the Pros (and probably will end up lasting longer because of it) and are even easier to get (since they came in bundles and you can guarantee firmware by buying one).

On top of that, we know there is a 5.05 exploit in the private. So with time basically any PS4 console manufactured prior to March 2018 will be exploitable. So there is no rush of buying the older 4.55 consoles.

And the world is different today than PS3/360 days. Those days by modding your console you got access to a huge library that would cost a fortune to get otherwise. These days with PS4 Plus a lot of must have titles you end up getting for free. Online is a much bigger part of gaming these days too.. and you kind of give up both of those with modding your PS4.

Last edited by Chrushev,

Anginsan77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to the store, going to a shipping place, packing it up... all of this is time. Time is money. Ill probably keep it if nobody wants it and just spread the info that if anyone wants some 4.55 Ps4 Pro's, the Florida Keys has them!

Hey

Can you still get a pro with 4.55?
I would like to buy one.

Let me know.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2