Status
Not open for further replies.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
20.01.2022 NOTICE:
Several people from the RetroNX community are convinced that YOU are too dumb (literally) to use console overclocking if you are not able to build all the packages from the source code with the necessary changes by yourself. They are so convinced of this that in a desperate attempt to stop the distribution of this modification, they have gone so far as to threaten and speculate on the GPL license... To use the GPL for what the GPL was created against, oh my god.
The download link is temporarily disabled, I will restore it as soon as I make a repository with everything necessary, including a full indication of the licenses used in the modification of the components. I was going to do this on the stable release, but with the efforts of these guys, I'll have to do it sooner.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
lmao, the GPL was created for sole purpose of freedom. Not only you're legally held to make the source available for the GPL licensed project you're distributing, you have a fundamental misconception of what Free Software is and stands for.

Reactions: TrixNiiSama

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need the sys folder on bootloader folder build especifically for loader.kip (included on 4ifirista.zip file), without it, the max ram oc speed cant be activated/selected. Just be aware of possible issues (corruption, gpu glitches, etc) if the ram chips on your console cant handle 2131 mhz.
Thank you for the information, however I can not find 4ifirista.zip linked in this thread.
Can you point me in the correct direction please.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird thing is, if I use the contents/00FF0000636C6BFF/exefs.nsp which comes with the package on https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite, then sys-clk won't run, with the error that the module isn't running.
If I used the exefs.nsp from the default sys-clk, then it loads and displays the enhanced ram ram overclock settings(As well as CPU/GPU BUT I WILL NOT TOUCH THOSE!!!!!!)

I've put the 1.2.5_loader_1862.4.kip in atmosphere/kips/

Been playing Alex Kidd for about 15min with max-Mhz set for the ram and status monitor open but it never displays above 1600mhz.
the github file isn't built for erista YET I thought you were talking about using coolers version

Reactions: Thorhax

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the sys folder on bootloader folder build especifically for loader.kip (included on 4ifirista.zip file), without it, the max ram oc speed cant be activated/selected. Just be aware of possible issues (corruption, gpu glitches, etc) if the ram chips on your console cant handle 2131 mhz.
really all you need is the minerva file from the sys but as I said before the guy has zero clue what files are actually used

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really all you need is the minerva file from the sys but as I said before the guy has zero clue what files are actually used
Fair enough, I have a modchip oled on it's way to me, but it's held up on a boat god knows where in the world.

So I was hoping to get some testing in on my Erista before then.

xdMatthewbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4IFIR MOD v0.3
UNLEASH THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF YOUR CONSOLE 2397/1536/2131 MHz
Now with experimental support for ERISTA (first gen Switch) 2295/1075/2131 MHz

According to popular requests from users of 4PDA and GBATemp, I made a modification designed to TRUE overclocking Nintendo Switch.
P.s. Sorry for my English, i am from RUS

This mod is intended for those who really want to squeeze the most out of their console, but at the same time have not mastered the independent development of half a hundred terms, and are not ready to spend tens of hours on shamanism of components scattered across the Internet - all kinds of relevance. On the good, this assembly should not have existed, since the high threshold for entering the topic was a natural barrier for inexperienced users, protecting them from self-harm. By installing a modification without theoretical training, you relieve the author of responsibility for any possible consequences, including irreversible damage to the components of the device, and assume the risks. If something goes wrong, I will not take care of the consequences for you. You knew what you were doing and that is the price of the time you saved.
HOS 13.2.0 | Atmosphère 1.2.5 | Reading the warning.
Grab necessary patches from the repo, then compile sys-clk, ReverseNX-RT, hekate and Atmosphere (or loader only) with devkitpro, then defeat Kratos. Just extract 4IFIR.zip to the root of Switch SD, with using external card reader. Turn on your console. Enjoy the result.
Try fix.
Try another fix.
Have you read the instructions carefully?
Are you sure?
Where was the memory card when the mod was unpacked?
What was your next action after unpacking?
Did the instructions mention a reboot? After unpacking the contents of the archive, the console should have been turned on.
That's it. Try repeating the installation process, this time following the instructions verbatim.
  • Overclocking up to 2397 Mhz for the CPU, 1536 Mhz for the GPU, 2131 Mhz for the RAM (the exact ceiling is different for each console).
  • Automatic overvolting.
  • Unlimited video recording in all games.
  • Wireless video streaming with increased bitrate, 60 frames per second, to external monitors - almost without delays.
  • Dock mode emulation.
  • Accelerated charging.
  • Reducing the current threshold for the Official Charger.
  • Drastic reduction of cooling system noise.
  • Overlay with FPS and system metrics.
  • Over-the-screen menu for on-the-fly control of the listed features.
  • Background FTP server.
  • Necessary for the joint work of all of the above are system modules.

Running this is at the end users own risk.
This and any homebrew that changes operation within a handheld/console has the potential to damage the unit.

20.01.2022 NOTICE:
Several people from the RetroNX community are convinced that YOU are too dumb (literally) to use console overclocking if you are not able to build all the packages from the source code with the necessary changes by yourself. They are so convinced of this that in a desperate attempt to stop the distribution of this modification, they have gone so far as to threaten and speculate on the GPL license... To use the GPL for what the GPL was created against, oh my god.
The download link is temporarily disabled, I will restore it as soon as I make a repository with everything necessary, including a full indication of the licenses used in the modification of the components. I was going to do this on the stable release, but with the efforts of these guys, I'll have to do it sooner.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
The GPL requires that you provide the source code for your project, simple as that. I can't see them bothering you (at least while citing the GPL) for any reason other than that.

Even if not for the GPL code, especially with something that pushes the hardware this much, I'd really recommend you make this fully open-source (preferably under GPL) anyways, as there are likely some oversights which can be easily avoided by letting more than 1 person view the source code.

Not that whether I think you should or not matters - the only way you can get out of it without violating multiple licenses is by rewriting all GPL code you use. This includes: SysDVR, Switch-OC-Suite, and depending on if you're using code from them or just crediting them, Atmosphere and Hekate. Additionally, BatteryChargeInfoNX is not released under any license, which means it is technically all rights reserved, meaning even if you provide the source code you still can't use it without explicit permission from the author, and G.R.U. is property of the Russian government, which is the same as BatteryChargeInfoNX.

I'd like to add that most people who have the knowledge to actually be using this responsibly will likely not want to unless it is open-source, which means just about everyone who uses this theoretical rewritten version free of GPL code is likely someone who shouldn't be using it as per your own warning in this thread.

Nothing against your project, but please just make it open source under GPL. I'd love to see how it works so I can use it myself.

Reactions: mathew77

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@xdMatthewbx BatteryChargeInfoNX is using libtesla, so practically this overlay is under GPL 2.0 even if license is not included in main repository.

All tesla overlays must be GPL 2.0 compliant

Reactions: mathew77

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The armchair lawyers can take a break now, the matter has been resolved. I don’t really have the time of day to police arguments over a package that is no longer linked here - I’ll be closing the thread temporarily. If @Cooler3D wants to rehost a new version of his package that is compliant and features all the files required (as per individual component licenses), they can contact me via PM when the time comes.

Reactions: zerofalcon

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Welcome back @Cooler3D <3
Cant wait to see 4IFIR return to Gbatemp.
Welcome back @Cooler3D and, please, don't let bad apples bully you off this community. There are way more nice people than shitty ones ;)
Glad to see the thread open again, I hope that means that we're soon going to be able to see a release so more people will be able to enjoy the amazing benefits of overclocking freedom.

Good to see you guys. Sorry for the delay in the reconstruction of the thread, was busy polishing a recent update.

Don't worry about the rat gang. They have the courage to attack me only where I am not allowed to enter. They won't cancel any more projects.

Speaking of canceled projects. Since there are no others willing, as a sign of respect for KazushiMe, I will try to take over the further compatibility updates for OC Suite.

I plan to keep it in an authentic form, independent of 4IFIR, with a repository on GITHUB, an online configurator, etc.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Good to see you guys. Sorry for the delay in the reconstruction of the thread, was busy polishing a recent update.

Don't worry about the rat gang. They have the courage to attack me only where I am not allowed to enter. They won't cancel any more projects.

Speaking of canceled projects. Since there are no others willing, as a sign of respect for KazushiMe, I will try to take over the further compatibility updates for OC Suite.

I plan to keep it in an authentic form, independent of 4IFIR, with a repository on GITHAB, an online configurator, etc.
Hey, in laymens, what is this exactly? an OC project? will I be able to play BOTW at 60fps on Erista safely?

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey, in laymens, what is this exactly? an OC project? will I be able to play BOTW at 60fps on Erista safely?

LINK - On Erista, you will have to slightly lower the resolution.
Find out what this project is when I finish updating the main post. Do not hurry. I'm not going anywhere.

Reactions: Nakamichi

SkyDark719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I plan to keep it in an authentic form, independent of 4IFIR, with a repository on GITHAB, an online configurator, etc.

So you're planning to continue Switch-OC-Suite with updates and online configurator, that's so great :)

I have a question, I heard you are developing an app or overlay that allows you to change refresh rate of Switch screen to 40Hz, how it's the state? It will work with a Switch OLED? Because that combined with FPSLocker would be amazing, like a Steam Deck function.

Reactions: binkinator

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have a question, I heard you are developing an app or overlay that allows you to change refresh rate of Switch screen to 40Hz, how it's the state? It will work with a Switch OLED? Because that combined with FPSLocker would be amazing, like a Steam Deck function.

In one of the next numbered updates: 45Hz. Looks like 40Hz is broken in HOS. 72-90Hz (depending on the device) I also plan to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: You to not show angry emotion before 12PM :ninja: