Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
2131 on Erista has a decent-ish chance of immediately softbricking your console upon playing any game with no warning. Which probably means OP isn't warning these users to make a nand dump beforehand.
There really is such a possibility (and not only on Erista), if a number of conditions coincide. Among them, the use of an exFAT file system, an incompatible KIP file, etc. However, for this, there is emuNAND, which I strongly recommend using to anyone who wants to minimize risks (as well as doing backups).
At the moment, 0 sysNAND-s was destroyed by 4IFIR, but the emuNAND-s was sometimes killed. Fortunately, it is enough to create a new one and migrate from the old one using Hekate.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really is such a possibility, if a number of conditions coincide. Among them, the use of an exFAT file system, an incompatible KIP file, etc. However, for this, there is emuNAND, which I strongly recommend using to anyone who wants to minimize risks (as well as doing backups).
At the moment, 0 sysNAND-s was destroyed by 4IFIR, but the emuNAND-s was sometimes killed. Fortunately, it is enough to create a new one and migrate from the old one using Hekate.
*on Erista.* I haven't had anyone encounter corruption on mariko from what I remember either.
But I have had multiple people encounter complete nand corruption on Erista so bad to the point the console wouldn't boot without restoring a backup or manually fixing everything. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not an issue.
I don't mind you distributing Erista ram stuff to people at all as it's generally not dangerous for the hardware, go ahead, but give everyone you send it to a warning to make a nand backup before messing with it.

edit: typo
edit2: see my next post

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that previous post too quickly and misread it, if you're explicitly and very clearly recommending these users to make an emummc for ram stuff, that also works. My apologies if you are.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The matter has been discussed further and the OP came to the conclusion that hosting this content on GBAtemp will not be possible until the release is compliant and available as a sourced repository. As such, the package has now been removed from the OP until further notice.

Reactions: hippy dave

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The matter has been discussed further and the OP came to the conclusion that hosting this content on GBAtemp will not be possible until the release is compliant and available as a sourced repository. As such, the package has now been removed from the OP until further notice.
my god these conspiracy theories he makes up in his head though
Several people from the RetroNX community are convinced that YOU are too dumb (literally) to use console overclocking if you are not able to build all the packages from the source code with the necessary changes by yourself. They are so convinced of this that in a desperate attempt to stop the distribution of this modification, they have gone so far as to threaten and speculate on the GPL license... To use the GPL for what the GPL was created against, oh my god.
The download link is temporarily disabled, I will restore it as soon as I make a repository with everything necessary, including a full indication of the licenses used in the modification of the components. I was going to do this on the stable release, but with the efforts of these guys, I'll have to do it sooner.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1