4gig SD card question(Searching gives me error so no flames please)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Padreko, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Padreko
    OP

Padreko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    United States
    I have already tried searching the forums and the search is bringing up an error. Forgive me if I am being a tard. I wanted a 4gig SD card on my wii and have been reading around the net that unofficially a few of them(lol none really) might work like this Transcend (NON-SDHC) 4GB Model# TS4GSD150.

Does anyone have any 411's on this or can point me in the direction of some help.

http://www1.epinions.com/content_350420176516

2. jeklnoo

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    Here's the problem: SD standard only allows cards up to 2GB. You need SDHC for 4GB and bigger. However, the Wii only supports SD and not SDHC.

If you find a 4GB SD (not SDHC), then it is non-standard, and likely to not work (even in SDHC device it might not work).

3. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    Trascend has seen to be the 'official' Wii SD cards. I would say that it would work, since it is a non-SDHC card. The Wii can only read SD's; it cannot read SDHC cards. I'd say go for it, if it doesn't work you can always sell it.

4. sugoykun

sugoykun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    Indonesia
    yep, wii only can take the sd card until the 2gb only.. [​IMG]

5. TheBuzzer

TheBuzzer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2008
    United States
    well newegg screwed me over with their wii complitable. i got them to take it off

ya wii only supports up to 2 gigs

6. SkH

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Somewhere in GBATemp I've seen someone who claimed he used a SanDisk 4 GB microSDHC with Adapter in his Wii. [​IMG]

7. jeklnoo

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    Somewhere in GBATemp I've seen someone who claimed he could play backups on an unmodded wii just by inserting them upside down. Don't believe everything you read [​IMG]