4gb MicroSD unstable??

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Curley5959, Apr 17, 2008.

Apr 17, 2008

4gb MicroSD unstable?? by Curley5959 at 6:15 AM (1,011 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Curley5959
    OP

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    I think i read a topic a while ago, i cant find it now, about how a 4gb microsd card makes the r4 card unstable. Is it true?? Cause im thinking of getting a 4gb microsd, updated from 2gb but want to know if its true if it gets unstable.. If it does, Im not going to bother..

Thanks in advance

2. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Since the real R4 doesn't work with SDHC and the 4G microSD that were brought to market before SDHC was standardized it's highly unlikely you will find a 4G non-SDHC that works fast/well enough for the R4 to be "stable" for all uses. It would be a chore to find one to begin with, but as far as I know any 4G card with only the SD logo (not SDHC logo) is non-compliant to the SD standards (thus faked, as it should not have an SD logo if the company that makes it is being 100% honest.)

I do know there are 4G SD and SDHC cards out there, that are reliable - they just aren't nearly as fast as cards coming from the common producers like kingston or sandisk. I'm sure someone who has one will pop up and give you a rundown of their experiences.

3. Curley5959
    OP

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Thanks for the help.. [​IMG]