Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok, first of all I am trying out a 4gb SDHC micro on the Wii. Formatted with FAT32, it sucks donkey balls when copying small files to it in terms of speed. Of course, copying it back to the HDD is a lot faster.

Since FAT16 only supports 2gb partitions I am not keen on havomg another partition on the micro. Has anyone tried fastcopy? Does it improve the speed while copying small files to it?

Next, I was wondering if the Wii's native 4.0/HBC supports exFAT? Using FAT32 is one thing. But I find that forwarders like UL GX does not work with it as it will throw be back to the system menu. For neogamma, the R4 forwarder does not seem to launch the R6 boot.dol on the micro. It launches but strangely it shows the version as R4. Also, in FAT32, wad manager cannot seem to mount the FAT32 partition as well (ret -=1)

Any tips on improving the transfer speed to micro copying small files in FAT32 or enabling wad manager to mount please share... thanks a lot...
hate2.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii will not fully support exFAT. Windows XP even don't support exFAT unless you install additional software. Very few electronic devices support exFAT at the moment.

The Wii's compatibility with SDHC cards are very limited. I tried two different SDHC cards lately and both didn't work...
huh.gif

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
4.0 should be compatible with most of the SDHC cards as it reads my wiiware/vc on it. GX also works fine without the forwarder. But when wad manager/Channel file manager doesn't detect it its bad enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)