Hacking 4GB Micro SD Card

J

Jackreyes

The R4 will not accept a 4gb because 4gb+ are known as SDHC cards whereas the R4 was made when 2gb was about the max.

The DSTT reads SDHC cards.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not true. To my knowledge there is a very rare 4GB non HC mico SD card out there somewhere and It appaerntly works with the R4 but with lots of problems. Seeing as how its hard to get and doesnt work very well you are probebly better off sticking with your current 2GB or if you want more space, getting a new flashcard (or specifically like me, getting a CycloDS)

thedowd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget where, but I read somewhere that there were/are plans to incorporate the new microSD format into the R4 firmware... i dunno how possible that is, but if so that would really make the R4 seem even more worth the money...

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
thedowd said:
I forget where, but I read somewhere that there were/are plans to incorporate the new microSD format into the R4 firmware... i dunno how possible that is, but if so that would really make the R4 seem even more worth the money...

They said that a long time ago.....nothing happen

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They tried to incorporate it into the R4, but later found out it needs a new internal card reader to do that.
So no software will fix it.
By the way, they are making a new R4, which will have SDHC support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended