Hacking 4GB game wont copy to my HDD?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I can't copy a game to my HDD. It says "The file is to large for the destination file system" and it's only 4.37GB I have more than enough room for the game so I don't understand why it wont copy. Can anyone help me?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's FAT32, you cannot have files larger than 4GB.

Edit: You can use Wii Backup Manager to put it on there as a WBFS file. If the WBFS file is still too large, it can split it up for you without any adverse effects.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:

Edit: You can use Wii Backup Manager to put it on there as a WBFS file. If the WBFS file is still too large, it can split it up for you without any adverse effects.
Oh... Just checked and it is FAT32. Is there any other way?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 filesystems can't handle files that large, so either you backup and reformat your drive to NTFS, or you do as stated above. Wii Backup Manager is quick and efficient enough, and will automatically convert and split the file if needed.

Also, what game are you copying? A good backup manager ought to 'trim the fat'; the game's likely smaller than 4.37GB, although I can't guarantee it's below 4GB.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SuperTrever said:
Lacius said:

Oh... Just checked and it is FAT32. Is there any other way?
You could reformat your device to NTFS, but it'd be easier to use Wii Backup Manager to transfer and split the file into 2.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
FAT32 filesystems can't handle files that large, so either you backup and reformat your drive to NTFS, or you do as stated above. Wii Backup Manager is quick and efficient enough, and will automatically convert and split the file if needed.

Also, what game are you copying? A good backup manager ought to 'trim the fat'; the game's likely smaller than 4.37GB, although I can't guarantee it's below 4GB.
Well I'll try that then. And the game is Red Steel 2.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Wii Backup Manager, transfer it over as a WBFS file. I'm pretty sure Red Steel 2 is smaller than 4GB anyway. Even if it weren't, it would split it.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
In Wii Backup Manager, transfer it over as a WBFS file. I'm pretty sure Red Steel 2 is smaller than 4GB anyway. Even if it weren't, it would split it.
Okay, cool. Can I get a link to the Wii Backup Manager please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)