Slater Color
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
FSbSV.png

In yesterday, there was organized worldwide an assault distributed of refusal of service against the web pages of the SGAE, the Department of Culture and Promusicae. The action forms a part of the so called "Operation Payback", whose end is to protest against the lobbies antipiracy, and already it takes accumulated a few assaults against other foreign organizations (MPAA, RIAA, BPI, BREIN, etc.) and legal signatures that have worked with them.

The movement arose initially in the forums of 4Chan, organized by Anonymous users, but one has extended for many more webs and forums. In Pandalabs's blog they have done a complete follow-up, beside interviewing one of the anonymous ringleaders.

It informative of the TV also they have echoed the news (in Spanish of course):

I just got Rick'Rolled by my TV
biggrin.gif

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad none of this has really reached American TV (that I've seen). Keep up the good work, Anonymous!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Amak said:
Too bad none of this has really reached American TV (that I've seen). Keep up the good work, Anonymous!

Of course, Obama will retailant so fast that before they can type 'LOLWUT?!'

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't there better targets like the ESRB? I never even heard of this organization (SGAE) before. Sorry if I seem a little ignorant. Other than that, Anonymous rock!

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Amak said:

Of course, Obama will retailant so fast that before they can type 'LOLWUT?!'
Somehow, I doubt that. And not just because they can probably type 'LOLWUT?!' pretty fast. Besides, they already took down the Motion Picture Association of America's site, so if Obama didn't do anything then, I doubt he would if they attacked another American anti-piracy organization.

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE4zombie said:
Aren't there better targets like the ESRB?

Why would anyone target the ESRB? The ESRB is in place for good reasons and serves its purpose fairly well (I wish the same could be said about game retailers). Young children should not be allowed to buy M rated games. Its up to their parents to decide if their child is mature enough to handle the themes that are present in M rated games. Sorry if it seems like I'm yelling at you, but I really can't see why you think that. I do apologize if I offended you

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall any of this happening and I browse 4chan frequently (hours every day). Must be a /b/ thing or some other group that people assumed was 4chan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Did you left your buttplug in?