• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

That makes fun:

https://www.nptelegraph.com/news/ar...cle_520672ad-4a23-5445-87e4-ec6cc7a476d2.html

https://www.news-herald.net/lifesty...cle_e716ce0e-8bd3-5263-a98c-c3c31e1aa7b1.html

https://www.news-shield.com/lifestyles/article_a0ea2666-d0e2-59d6-adbe-a1e4ccbad78e.html

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, call 800-753-7092.

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 865-986-6581.

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 715-537-3117.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not really censorship. The newspapers are allowed to say what they are saying still. It is more that compliance with the laws is more hassle than it is worth for them, and presumably if they are owned by a bigger corporation (because most are) then that could probably have trouble down the line. As the presumed number of people in France caring about the events of nowhere, Oklahoma is probably pretty minimal and their advertisers care even less then it is the easy route.

I can't say it is a good thing, most of the laws causing it being a solution in search of a problem, but it is understandable, and still not censorship. Now the EU does have some fun censorship woes going on (your country doing a fun one recently with the lady that called the Islamic prophet a kiddy fiddler, and her getting slapped as a result going all the way up) but this is not that.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think it IS censor.When i go to the Underground Station or Rail Station in Vienna i can get Newspapers from around the world.But i see your point.EU and USA are at "media" war.(must have somethnig to do with Canada or China or Russia.....).

Edge of danger
Notch by notch

I don´t have to read News-Herold.I have the REAL life when i look through my window (i think so.....:unsure:).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it IS censor.When i go to the Underground Station or Rail Station in Vienna i can get Newspapers from around the world.But i see your point.EU and USA are at "media" war.(must have somethnig to do with Canada or China or Russia.....).

Edge of danger
Notch by notch

I don´t have to read News-Herold.I have the REAL life when i look through my window (i think so.....:unsure:).

They are not having their message prevented from being sent/sanctioned for said message. If they wanted to start a subsidiary, or pay a legal type and site designer to go over the privacy policy and make the site changes then they could do that happily enough. The couple of thousand that would probably cost would not likely make a return any time soon, and might have to be revisited in a year or so when the next rule comes in.
Functionally it is similar to how my business website I have not had translated to Estonian because the effort there would probably be more than any would be non English speaking Estonian clients would ultimately make me, and it is not otherwise worth it for advertising purposes.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and yet jackasses like gee, every liberal running for office, want more government control and more laws. They like EU laws. They want the US to follow EU standards. I guess they forgot the entire point people come to the US since even before it was a country: to get away from this shit control. The US was founded to not follow Europe standards...

Just use the onion to view sites. I bet they will ban networks like tor..... Its for your own safety dont you know...

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberals eh? Is that why Trump's pick for FCC chairman, Ajit Pai, was the one to repeal net neutrality?
Trump is a Liberal tho
t1yUI0i.jpg

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberals eh? Is that why Trump's pick for FCC chairman, Ajit Pai, was the one to repeal net neutrality?

trump is not a small government guy and he is a big spender. Hes not right or left. He trolls them both. He will never stop trolling.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought something like this would happen to the UK first, because of their "nanny state" internet laws, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)