451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by alexander1970, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:47 AM.

1. alexander1970
    OP

alexander1970 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

That makes fun:

https://www.nptelegraph.com/news/ar...cle_520672ad-4a23-5445-87e4-ec6cc7a476d2.html

https://www.news-herald.net/lifesty...cle_e716ce0e-8bd3-5263-a98c-c3c31e1aa7b1.html

https://www.news-shield.com/lifestyles/article_a0ea2666-d0e2-59d6-adbe-a1e4ccbad78e.html

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, call 800-753-7092.

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact webmaster@news-herald.net or call 865-986-6581.

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact newsshield@chibardun.net or call 715-537-3117.

Last edited by alexander1970, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:48 AM
    CallmeBerto and guisadop like this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Plenty of news sources, especially more local US ones, decided to do that for a lot of European countries rather than deal with the many and varied laws in Europe.

CallmeBerto and alexander1970 like this.
  3. alexander1970
    OP

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Oh thank you,there is a little word for this,hmm,i can´t remember..... something with cen......
    I love it.

4. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Furret Freek

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    Johto Pokemon Fan Club
    'censorship' is 10 letters, and thereby not a 'little' word. :P

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. alexander1970
    OP

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Oh yes.Thats the magic word.

Thank you,please forgive an "old man".:lol:

6. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Furret Freek

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    Johto Pokemon Fan Club
    You can't be old. You joined in November of last year, and everyone knows that you have to join the 'Temp before the age of 13 or it won't be full of little entitled kids. :P

7. alexander1970
    OP

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    :cry:

*Busted*

Damn cens........ censoo......ceenso....... arr i don´t get it.:wacko:

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    It is not really censorship. The newspapers are allowed to say what they are saying still. It is more that compliance with the laws is more hassle than it is worth for them, and presumably if they are owned by a bigger corporation (because most are) then that could probably have trouble down the line. As the presumed number of people in France caring about the events of nowhere, Oklahoma is probably pretty minimal and their advertisers care even less then it is the easy route.

I can't say it is a good thing, most of the laws causing it being a solution in search of a problem, but it is understandable, and still not censorship. Now the EU does have some fun censorship woes going on (your country doing a fun one recently with the lady that called the Islamic prophet a kiddy fiddler, and her getting slapped as a result going all the way up) but this is not that.

9. alexander1970
    OP

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    I think it IS censor.When i go to the Underground Station or Rail Station in Vienna i can get Newspapers from around the world.But i see your point.EU and USA are at "media" war.(must have somethnig to do with Canada or China or Russia.....).

Edge of danger
    Notch by notch

I don´t have to read News-Herold.I have the REAL life when i look through my window (i think so.....:unsure:).

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom

They are not having their message prevented from being sent/sanctioned for said message. If they wanted to start a subsidiary, or pay a legal type and site designer to go over the privacy policy and make the site changes then they could do that happily enough. The couple of thousand that would probably cost would not likely make a return any time soon, and might have to be revisited in a year or so when the next rule comes in.
    Functionally it is similar to how my business website I have not had translated to Estonian because the effort there would probably be more than any would be non English speaking Estonian clients would ultimately make me, and it is not otherwise worth it for advertising purposes.

alexander1970 likes this.
  11. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    and yet jackasses like gee, every liberal running for office, want more government control and more laws. They like EU laws. They want the US to follow EU standards. I guess they forgot the entire point people come to the US since even before it was a country: to get away from this shit control. The US was founded to not follow Europe standards...

Just use the onion to view sites. I bet they will ban networks like tor..... Its for your own safety dont you know...

12. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Liberals eh? Is that why Trump's pick for FCC chairman, Ajit Pai, was the one to repeal net neutrality?

13. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    Trump is a Liberal tho
    [​IMG]

14. Captain_N

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    trump is not a small government guy and he is a big spender. Hes not right or left. He trolls them both. He will never stop trolling.

15. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    451. Ironic, is it not?

16. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    I don't understand.

17. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

Ray bradbury. Fahrenheit 451. Book burning. Censorship. Not the same, but related, somewhat. Was the first thing I thought of.

dAVID_ and alexander1970 like this.
  18. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I thought something like this would happen to the UK first, because of their "nanny state" internet laws, lol.

19. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Neither was GWB. The Republican party has nothing to do with being pro-small government any more.

20. Captain_N

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    You are 100% correct.