ROM Hack 4507 - Zelda Spirit Tracks Anti-Piracy Hack

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Fabis94 said:
Are you serious? You are pretty much saying that the CDi games are better than PH in your opinion. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE
Because the CDi games have more depth than:
Go to Lv1 of the dungeon... get an item... go on your boat...
Go to Lv2 of the dungeon, passing Lv1... get an item... go on your boat...
Go to Lv3 of the dungeon, passing Lv1 and 2... get an item... go on your boat...
Go to Lv4 of the dungeon, passing Lv1 and 2 and 3... get an item... go on your boat...
etc etc etc...

no, it was doing a few side quests between the dungeons, such as finding that map to get you around the fog and getting into the ghost ship. also phantom hourglass had some really good puzzles

the basic format of the cd-i games was:

awkward, cheesy and extremely uncomfortable cutscene,
choose level 1 (you dont even get to roam around freely to explore)
get to the end of the level then realise you have no more rope
commit suicide so u can get back to the dam store
buy more enough rope for that level
finish the level AT LAST
repeat until you get to ganon wich is a joke, hes a one hit ko, u just throw a book at him, seriously.

links just a jerk wich doesnt deserve to live
zeldas just an ungrateful bitch who doesnt appreciate anything including link saving her life.

and at the end she STILL refuses to kiss him after he saves her!
every zelda cd-i game is an absolute joke and if you consider those to be real zelda games then you deserve to get shot.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No way! LTTP < Wind Waker!
The Legend of Zelda; The Wind Waker was the first Zelda game of it's kind to use the Cell Shaded Graphics. The music, even though was MIDI was astounding, the art style, even though simple, was breathtaking, and the dungeon design was the best one ever! Even to this day, I never filled in my entire sea chart. Who knows what islands I never have visited? I could have missed something awesome! There could have been some sort of super bug or a third sword! Still, I think Wind Waker is better than Phantom Hourglass and Link to The Past.

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
The Legend of Zelda; The Wind Waker was the first Zelda game of it's kind to use the Cell Shaded Graphics. The music, even though was MIDI was astounding, the art style, even though simple, was breathtaking, and the dungeon design was the best one ever! Even to this day, I never filled in my entire sea chart. Who knows what islands I never have visited? I could have missed something awesome! There could have been some sort of super bug or a third sword! Still, I think Wind Waker is better than Phantom Hourglass and Link to The Past.

personally i think the wind waker is just as good as oot (yh call me crazy) and it wouldve been better than oot if it werent for the triforce gathering (or if there were only 3 pieces to collect cos 8 got way too repetitive)

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion you just compare oot with wind waker
i enjoyed oot soo much
and even after the release of wind waker i played oot many times over
buttt, you shouldn't even be comparing them
cuz each game is sorta different in their own way
each game has their magical awesomeness lol
you just can't compare the dark overworld and light overworld with the young link and older link times
you can't compare the cell shaded awesome boat pirate style with the wolf twilight area
each game has their awesome points
and now that you look at these two new games, they're just trying to pull a majora's mask
create a sequel or recreation of another zelda game, except this time on a new console, with new controls
it's a genius idea, especially for sales on nintendo's side ^^
anyways, stoked for this game, i'm going to end up buying it anyways in support of the zelda series and my collection w00t
stoked for the patch anyways though

Shabang21

Trophies
XP
Country
I love how this thread is no longer about getting past the anti-piracy and more about which Zelda game is the best. It's rather entertaining to read
smile.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
The Legend of Zelda; The Wind Waker was the first Zelda game of it's kind to use the Cell Shaded Graphics. The music, even though was MIDI was astounding, the art style, even though simple, was breathtaking, and the dungeon design was the best one ever!

All of these things are true.

However, looking back, the change in style was probably little more than the result of the ongoing "cel-shaded" fad of that time period. And the music certainly had its eye-rolling points when it came to the MIDI libraries, in my opinion.

To say that Wind Waker trumps the SNES game, which totally changed how people viewed Zelda as a franchise and helped establish the framework for every game thereafter, is a bit narrow-minded. I loved Wind Waker, but in the end, it didn't really leave nearly as big of a mark.
But... well, that's my opinion.
rolleyes.gif

Oh, crud muffins. Here I am, talking about everything BUT the point of this thread. Well, guilty as charged.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The other Spirit Tracks has gone off route too. People have realized to chill out since it will come. I have way too many games on my card so I can wait for it
yaynds.gif

Shabang21

Trophies
XP
Country
asterion said:
The other Spirit Tracks has gone off route too. People have realized to chill out since it will come. I have way too many games on my card so I can wait for it
yaynds.gif

Haha yeah I'm in no rush. My son was nice enough to pull the ribbon cable out of the pcb while I was repairing the top screen yesterday.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mishioshu said:
yeah but the CD-i version is.......dreadful
the controls seem truly terrible
If you want something that is better than PH, that would be Link to the Past on the SNES.....and if no one would like to agree with me, then that is your choice because i'm just saying what's really really goodDreadful sure... but they're so bad that they've become funny.
A redeeming quality where Phantom Hourglass had none.

As for LTTP, it's my favorite in the series, followed by the original LoZ.

jassim said:
no, it was doing a few side quests between the dungeons, such as finding that map to get you around the fog and getting into the ghost ship. also phantom hourglass had some really good puzzlesSo like I said...
Go to LvX of the dungeon... get an item... go on your boat... Go back through the dungeon to LvX+1.
I got sick of having to go through the same dungeon over and over and over and over and over.

QUOTE(jassim @ Dec 3 2009, 07:03 PM)
every zelda cd-i game is an absolute joke and if you consider those to be real zelda games then you deserve to get shot.
I agree. The CDi games weren't made by Nintento, just licensed to Phillips I believe.
Read my above comment about them being so bad they're humorous. It's like an old campy B Movie.

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
can someone tell me what exactly the anti-piracy is doing on flash carts?
so far it hasn't allowed anyone to get past the train, no controls for them to navigate as well as reported cases of "white screen of death"

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It hides the gearbox so you can't speed up/slow down the train. It also removes the train whistle.
I don't know anything more exact than that.

Take a look at this picture:
959019_061109_screen004.jpg

The AP hides the clock on the top left, the whistle on the top right, the lever on the right, and the menu icon on the bottom right. Basically, when you get on a train you can't do anything but rotate the camera.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
It hides the gearbox so you can't speed up/slow down the train. It also removes the train whistle.

The AP hides the clock on the top left, the whistle on the top right, the lever on the right, and the menu icon on the bottom right. Basically, when you get on a train you can't do anything but rotate the camera.
So theoretically a button hack would suffice. Just find the values for whatever those controls do, map them to the controls. Since it's another one of these Zelda games, I'm guessing the buttons do little or nothing as-is so there should be no conflict.

Ian10234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
DeMoN said:

So theoretically a button hack would suffice. Just find the values for whatever those controls do, map them to the controls. Since it's another one of these Zelda games, I'm guessing the buttons do little or nothing as-is so there should be no conflict.
Let's just hope the button hack isn't like PH's. The buttons were mapped to certain parts of the screen and most of the times when pressed they would open the menu, Items, Map screen while you moved.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Yeah, that button hack sucked. Of course, I've seen very few worthwhile button hacks.

Well, we don't need a good one, just something that makes it actually possible to use the train. Even if the sequences are painfully annoying, you can at least get through them. Regular hacking and slashing controls would stay the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr