OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Еxact spelling is 'Inochi no Kusabi'. The mean is 'a Wedge of Life'
Hi all!
Translation of the game is not finished. I translated a part of the menu, items, spells, skills, part
system messages during combat and other activities. Scene dialog not translated.
These things done exclusively for themselves - in order to facilitate the passage of this wonderful
games. It may be useful to someone else.

Sincerely, Far02\Faramir (Shakhmatov Yury)

download patch for delta - in a file attached to this message.
How patch:
xdelta3.0z.x86-32.exe -d -s [original rom] [patch name.delta] [new rom]

Attachments

• 4469-Wizardry_Seimei_no_Kusabi_EngPatch_30102015.rar
    672.9 KB · Views: 426
Last edited by Faramir,

Faramir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This screenshots from old save. English name will be if start new game. Further translation if they will - that only affect the transfer of skills, spells, items that have not been translated. Translation story is not planned - there are difficulties with the font and the number of displayable characters. My knowledge is not enough to display more than 21 characters in one line.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe you could ask @jjjewel for tips, she made a bunch of translations already. Also, are you doing the translation by yourself, and is English your first language?

Faramir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
No, English not my language :) First - Russian. English is chosen because words is shorter - conveniently inserted into the game. And cuts clear and common for many players.

Faramir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am working with pointers. Slightly updated translation. Add the translation buttons in the dungeon. Also added translating some game messages.
Don't load from savestate in emulator at the first start after the upgrade.! Only load from Save.

Attachments

• 4469-Wizardry_Seimei_no_Kusabi_EngPatch_26102015.rar
    574.9 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: Lycan911

Faramir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Next update translation: parts of the buttons, the tips in battle (spells wizards, priests, alchemists). Some fixes translation.
Don't load from savestate in emulator at the first start after the upgrade.! Only load from Save.

Attachments

• 4469-Wizardry_Seimei_no_Kusabi_EngPatch_30102015.rar
    672.9 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by Faramir,
Reactions: Lycan911

Julio Sotomayor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Faramir

hello! i've just recently got into rom hacking/translation and i'm a life-long wizardry- freak. I will gladly continue over and finish this translation using your assets or if you're still willing to work on this then you lead, and i'll help you finish this! let's get more wizardry in english!

translatino of script is most difficult part but i can get it translated by a human. no promises right now as he might be busy but he has translated already for me the game scripts to wizardry: empire 1 for windows pc and the sequel, wizardry: empire 2 for windows PC and is currently translating the npc dialog for wizardry: chronicle for windows pc. he is also a wizardry freak!

so it is POSSIBLE. but i can't promise it. in any case i would love to have this title done with as much as we two can manage to translate into english. basically do absolutely everything EXCEPT the npc dialog.

send me a PM ok? or i can send you one?

Reactions: Pablitox

Julio Sotomayor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Faramir

I've been busy busy with elminage 2 and wizardry empire 1 and i just wanted to let you know i ripped apart Wizardry Asterisk and it looks doable but but i don't know how you got anything out of those bins. I can hex-edit a lot of stuff straight up using the BIN of whatever, like say ItemList.BIN, or Monsters.BIN, and it's doable that way but i'm assuming you extracted the BINs because you've done a lot already.

did you use quickBMS with a script for the game? or did you use Tinke to unpack it? i'll wait a few more days if you don't respond i'll assume i'm doing this one alone.

Faramir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi Julio Sotomayor!
I'm sorry I did not answer immediately - it was not possible.
In this game, the story is difficult to translate. Not because of the language.
The windows display is placed only 23 horizontal characters, and 4 rows.
Translation of the text will have to be shortened too much.
All I was doing the translation manually, without scripts. Using an ordinary hex editor built in CrystalTile2. They I unpack graphics make changes and back packs.

Reactions: Julio Sotomayor

PhalanxFormation

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone managed to get this Faramir patch to work? I've wanted to play this game for years, but I've never been able to get the patch to work. can anybody help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.