421 Errors, 86 warning

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't see why the Admins should bother fixing that. Sure, it's not really difficult, but it does take quite some time and I don't think anyone is going to complain that we don't comply to the W3C guidelines
tongue.gif

And as said above it works, so yeah.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it would be good to update the code in small steps... one thing I know works using dreamweaver, is that you can search for a string and replace it with another... nothing new, But: You can choose to do it in all the files in the working directory and subdirectories and stuff... then, searching for
and replacing with
will get rid of a good few of those errors.

And those of you who ask if it's true and what not: It's the W3C, those who made the standards. so It is accurate.

Sure there are many many "errors" and it still works, but things like alt attributes to link areas will help those who rely on hearing etc. and also, doing some maintenance on the code a little at the time isn't as bad as trying to fix it all
smile.gif

EDIT: Just to make sure: I don't say that anyone SHOULD do this... I'm saying that it could be a good idea to make sure the compatibility is as good as it possibly can, some time. It is a lot of work, and all... but as I said, a few of these errors are rather easy to iron out. the search and replace of
, and also saw that the text for the spoiler tags "warning: spoiler alert" or what it was.. starts with and ends with just making sure that it is lowercase can also be done with a search and replace
smile.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Made me think of this: http://gbatemp.net/i-Stats

The thing I'm going to say is probably mentioned somewhere in the site you linked in the OP, but I couldn't be arsed to look through all that. Anyway, if you go to said page (the top 20 posters of the day), and highlight the part above 'Today's Top 20 Posters', you get 'Screenshots NDS 3085 Screenshots NDS 3086'. It's nothing bad, the only thing that happens is you get a fake JavaScript error, but it doesn't look nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: