400 Books and 140 Movies for the DS

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It's down here too. Think the news post's battered their servers?
unsure.gif

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started getting the "Site temporarily closed" message.
...the one with the white DS.Lite logo.png

i think as Psyfira said it best, we battered their servers
tongue.gif

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it seems its quite a slow server. Checkout Rashomon and The 39 Steps, classics. I'll get them as soon as the server is ok

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't expect quite the amount of hits so quickly. I need to re-configure apache to properly handle all the traffic. We're not going anywhere though, so no worries.

xtreme_power

Trophies
XP
Country
I've downloaded a book but how do you view it? Did you need to download a software or something?

Because I download it and extract it, the file was txt format and when I put it on my R4, I couldn't read it

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always wanted to see Battleship potemkin. i heard it is really godd from a few teachers(I know there is no sound)

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have always wanted to see Battleship potemkin. i heard it is really godd from a few teachers(I know there is no sound)

300px-Poster15.jpg

Soviet propaganda poster portraying the 1905 revolution. The caption reads "Glory to the People's Heroes of the Potemkin!"

The Battleship Potemkin (Russian: ?????????? «????????», Bronenosets Potyomkin), sometimes rendered as The Battleship Potyomkin, is a 1925 silent film directed by Sergei Eisenstein and produced by Mosfilm. It presents a glorified version of the Battleship Potemkin uprising, a real-life event that occurred in 1905 when the crew of a Russian battleship rebelled against their oppressive officers during the Tsarist regime.

Potemkin has been called one of the most influential films of all time, and it was even named the greatest film of all time at the World's Fair at Brussels, Belgium, in 1958.

Wikipedia is cool
wink.gif

Seriously though, it's amazing how many films out there that people consider the greatest of all time that the majority of people don't even know about. That's one thing I really like about The Moon Books Project, the ability to give access to some really great books and movies to everyone.

hey... i think i'll post that on moon books, it looks like a news article
wink.gif

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downloaded the 2 Ed Wood movies, 3 stooges and a bunch of books. These are the first videos I've watched on my DS and I was surprised at how well it works. Now my 1GB sd card just isn't cutting it anymore. I need at least 8 GB.

Is there any dedicated dpg player? I really don't like moonshell much.

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Downloaded the 2 Ed Wood movies, 3 stooges and a bunch of books. These are the first videos I've watched on my DS and I was surprised at how well it works. Now my 1GB sd card just isn't cutting it anymore. I need at least 8 GB.

Is there any dedicated dpg player? I really don't like moonshell much.

Nope, actually Moon Shell is the dedicated DPG player. It's not too bad after you get used to it. I was very suprised at the quality and watchability too.

I've been watching Cyrano De Bergiac myself.

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Media Player Extend (G6) is awesome for these!

I REALLY like the G6 Real, it's my favorite card at the moment.

Also, I read some interesting news which I posted about on moonbooks.net/moonbooks

There is a commercial book reader coming out in Japan next month, hopefully a US developer will decide to follow suite!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.