4 Port USB 3.0 PCI card

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sicklyboy, Jun 21, 2011.

Jun 21, 2011

4 Port USB 3.0 PCI card by Sicklyboy at 8:04 AM (1,369 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    So, I just bought a PCIe 1x USB 3.0 card from DinoDirect. Thing is pretty awesome.

Link: http://www.dinodirect.com/pci-e-card-low-p...rt-usb-3-0.html

Goes in the PCI slot on my pc, powered with a 4 pin Molex connector. Gonna be useful because I didn't have any other 3.0 ports, so as it becomes the standard and more wide-spread this will be a very useful add-in card. Gonna need some time to actually use it for a bit until I can give a full review, but I am liking it already. Within the next few days I am gonna re-copy my whole Wii library to my Seagate GoFlex over the USB 3.0 cable since I can use it now, and see how long that takes (will do it a few times) as opposed to USB 2.0.

[​IMG]

Anyway, tempers, given my work and family schedule, I will get a good, in-depth review of this up asap. Honestly I haven't even seen them in retail stores (was looking at PCI cards in BestBuy, looking for a wireless NIC but seems everyone went USB now [​IMG] ) but I am surprised this was as cheap as it is (was expecting cards to be more along the 60 dollar range for a 3.0 add-in)

2. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    that website don't seems usa based, seems more shipping from china ???

3. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That's PCI-e x1 and not PCI right?

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Yes, PCIe x1 and x4 are much shorter than the old PCI slots.

And they're definitely chinese based... I just watched their company advert ¬_¬

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    its made in china, cheaply manufactured, unreliable parts, and no company backing it up if it breaks
    its not that surprising

6. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States

Yeah, they are, my bad. I wrote this at what, I think 2:00 AM (ish) so I was very tired... I don't even have the time zone set for gbatemp (need to fix that now)