Hardware 4 pin adapter for digitizer ribbon broke

joparnico

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

So my digitizer broke on my Wii U, so I ordered a replacement on Amazon. It came in today so I took my game pad apart and put the new digitizer on. When I put everything back together, I notice that one of the copper prongs of the 4 pin connector that holds the ribbon for the digitizer is missing. So even though I noticed that, I still attached the ribbon, and then closed the gray clip, then the gray clip just falls off. I was hoping that it still might work even though one of the pins appears to be gone, but now I can't even get the thing to clasp. So even though it might of worked, now it won't because there isn't enough pressure on the ribbon to make a connection.

Do any of you guys have a suggestion?
I have very minimal experience with soldering, and I would rather not send it into Nintendo. I think they charge 100 for game pad repairs plus shipping. Kinda crazy.

Thanks for the help, if you need to see a picture, just let me know!
Thanks!
-Josh

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'd look for a replacement gamepad on ebay or your only other option is to send it to nintendo although since you've take it apart they prob won't fix/replace it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls