4 pin adapter for digitizer ribbon broke

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by joparnico, Sep 16, 2015.

1. joparnico
    OP

joparnico Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    Hey everyone,

So my digitizer broke on my Wii U, so I ordered a replacement on Amazon. It came in today so I took my game pad apart and put the new digitizer on. When I put everything back together, I notice that one of the copper prongs of the 4 pin connector that holds the ribbon for the digitizer is missing. So even though I noticed that, I still attached the ribbon, and then closed the gray clip, then the gray clip just falls off. I was hoping that it still might work even though one of the pins appears to be gone, but now I can't even get the thing to clasp. So even though it might of worked, now it won't because there isn't enough pressure on the ribbon to make a connection.

Do any of you guys have a suggestion?
    I have very minimal experience with soldering, and I would rather not send it into Nintendo. I think they charge 100 for game pad repairs plus shipping. Kinda crazy.

Thanks for the help, if you need to see a picture, just let me know!
    Thanks!
    -Josh

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i'd look for a replacement gamepad on ebay or your only other option is to send it to nintendo although since you've take it apart they prob won't fix/replace it now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice