4 New Genesis/Mega Drive games added to Nintendo Switch Online: Expansion Pack

This might catch some people by surprise, but Nintendo added 4 new Genesis/Mega Drive games to their Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. The 4 games are:

Comix Zone
Target Earth
Zero Wing
Mega Man: The Wily Wars

To play these games, you have to update the software to v2.2.0 and have access to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack.

Last edited by ,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really complain, because they're all free for me anyway. I'd never pay actual money for this service.
You pay to play online and don't care about the "free" games? Okay.

I've never liked the idea of paying to play online so I refuse it across all platforms.

Reactions: k7ra
D

Deleted member 575334

OP
Imagine still paying for this service ;O;
I bought the EP just for OOT, I finished Banjo on XBL so i don't need the less superior version. In the end. I only use it for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Thats it.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You pay to play online and don't care about the "free" games? Okay.

I've never liked the idea of paying to play online so I refuse it across all platforms.
I don't pay for anything on my Switch. All the games on the Switch are free games to me.

• Angry
Reactions: k7ra

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada

Jokes aside as much as i like Comix Zone and Mega Man, this dripfeed shit is getting on my nerves and it's sad that the actual GENESIS COLLECTION has more going for Genesis games right now, and that's a downgraded port of a pretty old collection from the 2010s. damn Nintendo, damn...

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cats: All your base are belong to us!
Captain: What you say!
Cats: All your base are belong to us!
Captain: Hear is impossible!
Cats: All your base are belong to us!!!!
Captain: Look, speak Japanese, then I understand you.
Cats: あなたの基地はすべて私たちのものです! (All your base are belong to us!)
Captain: (gives a thumbs up) Okey dokey.

Reactions: Kirby6417

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good selection, but Nintendo should be offering GCN/Wii or even Switch games as part of the service.

Even the more expensive only gets you N64 titles. 😕
I'll start clamoring for GameCube games only after Game Boy and GBA games get added. They gotta be next, and realistically it might be the end of these services, I feel like once games start getting to be a gig or two big each, is where its less reasonable for Nintendo to keep handing out these free games to these systems with only up to 64GB of built in memory. I suppose they could change it at that point and have the service ask you which games you want to download or not, but I've always viewed the GameCube as realistically the cutoff point for feasible services in Nintendo Switch Online. I also don't think DS is on the table just because of how unreasonable that system would play on the Switch, made sense for the nature of the Wii U, but not really so for the Switch.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo fanboys are loyal and very rarely criticize or protest so you see why Nintendo gets away with it.

If it were EA, Activision, Microsoft, Sony? Yeah, no way in hell.

no idea how anyone gets this idea, all i ever see is people complaining about nintendo.
and they're not doing worse than any other company. people complain about incomplete games on all systems but still buy day one, ea, activision, microsoft and sony are all still in business, shitty rehashs, day one broken games, seperate online account requirement, drifting controllers and all.

i like the wily wars btw. used to play it a ton on 3ds

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place or website where I can look for Genesis games that you remember what the game looks like but you don't know the name of it?

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More crappy emulators to add to N's selection of non-new software for the Snitch. Yawn. This and a new generation of tired old overpriced franchise games really does not inspire me. I don't even understand why anyone bothered to hack such a trashy tablet with bad battery life and junk joysticks. Any flea market RS-90 handheld can play all the Genesis games and loads more for cheap, without having to sign up for any bullshit account or oppressive App store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol