ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I want to play 4 heroes of light, but damn this game is hard....I was having problems for the get go. After some level grinding (til I leveled up twice) I still found going to save the princess a difficult task...I have made it to the part where you do to the desert right after saving the princess so can someone give me some pointers so I won't keep having such a hard time playing this cause its actually pretty fun.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you'll need to grind out a few more levels, the next boss (sand devil) is pretty hard
you'll need the water tome, found in the guera caverns

This is one of the hardest JRPG on the DS

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I see that lol...But I normally shy away from games of this difficulty, but I do like a challenge and I have not had one in awhile so this may be the game to break me back in......but damn to I hate grinding

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Actually with the right strategy you don't have to grind.
Also, talk to every NPC, it's really helpful in games like these.

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think thats--hard---wait until you fight the eagle at the arboc tree--THATS hard...

always use magic mojo in casting spells and just use cure without the health giver every turn.!!!

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well my problem is that even thaught its not that free i still have no clue where to go oO

I am currently transformed and search that town where i can get changed back ...
no clue where it is.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't grinded a single minute in that game and never had problem with it :=) (even think it has been to easy on some parts.)

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some tips:
1. Use your AP properly. Since the game is on auto-aim (though it does tell you if your character will target the opponent in front or at the rear), it's the ability to perform actions that is most essential to the game.
2. Manage your inventory. Each character can only carry 15 items, including their current equipment. Plus, potions and other restorative items don't stack, and each spell takes up one slot in the form of a book. Don't take unnecessary items.
3. Get good equipment. This is standard, but is made tougher by the fact that changing equipment means carrying two sets (or a few spares) and that eats up inventory space. So get the best equipment possible and stick to it.
4. Use your crowns properly. The crown/job system is the game's backbone. Take advantage of each crown by adapting your strategy and upgrading them as necessary.

Hope this help. Have fun.

shadowsfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't see how you can not grind. i mean, i needed to grind 10 levels just to save the princess. i was level 20 fighting the bird on top of the tree and kept getting stunned from its lighting. so i decided to change everyone's class using princess as healer and the dude1 as thief. casting protect and shell and group heal. now they are level 22, but dude number2 is level 17 in the other side of the world and he's alone. think i need to grind him up to 20 or more just to get passed the ice cave and that evil wizard. and ya i use the same walkthrough when i get stuck too. don't know why no one uses them instead of asking for help. ctrl + F is your friend

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no one is insisting on using a walkthrough all the time

it's just for this game, there's a shit load of "where do I go next"?
so instead of running around for 2 hours not knowing what to do, or where to go, a quick glance at a walkthrough will tell you where you need to go next

anyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Equipping the right shield is one of the most important thing in the game, against bosses.
Aware to give chars the best fit crowns. for example, girls are should be black and white magicians.
And the 2 boys should do physical damage with their swords or hatchet

and keep farming gems to upgrade crowns, get exp

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this game can be so easy if you just have the good crowns selected
yaynds.gif

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowsfm said:
i don't see how you can not grind. i mean, i needed to grind 10 levels just to save the princess. i was level 20 fighting the bird on top of the tree and kept getting stunned from its lighting. so i decided to change everyone's class using princess as healer and the dude1 as thief. casting protect and shell and group heal. now they are level 22, but dude number2 is level 17 in the other side of the world and he's alone. think i need to grind him up to 20 or more just to get passed the ice cave and that evil wizard. and ya i use the same walkthrough when i get stuck too. don't know why no one uses them instead of asking for help. ctrl + F is your friend

wooooooooooooooooot. LVL 20!!!??

i DEFEATED THAT BIRD ON LVL 13..0R 15--you shud have had the MIRROR ability--It can save your ass BIG TIME---and also in the later parts of the game..

sometimes i use walkthroughs specially on FINAL FANTASY games...there is a lot of super secrets hidden in the game that you'll only discover through guides..

like the ff 12---if you open this one random chest--you wont get the most powerful weapon in the game-like woooot right.

and also the guides on GAMEFAqS or in any other walktrough--doesnt include the STORYLINE!!!---just the enemies-their weakness--etc. and also where you need to go.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supervenice said:
RoMee said:
almost level 70

HOLY...............i just defeated ROLAN and now starting to collect the legendary equipment or something and WE ARE level 23--4 of us!!!

yeah just finished collecting the legendary armor, I got stuck a few time not knowing where to go so I just kept fighting and grinding, going all over the place
I was trying to beat this game without the guide but I think I ran around enough
aire..68
yunita..65
brandt..67
jusqua..66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...