Hacking -4 Error With HaxChi+Coldboot Installer

CravingCritic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short; I've been using Coldboothax with RedNAND for a bit. Turns out my 64GB SD card decided to shit the bed, so my console was rendered useless, or so I thought.

Then I remembered I had an old 8GB microSD lying around. Formatted it to FAT32, and figured I would just set up CFW Sysnand. Nope. Everything I try to do with this second SD card ends up with a "-4" displayed on the gamepad. Can't load into the homebrew launcher, my CFW sysNAND fw.img just hangs for some reason, and trying to launch recovery.elf ends the same as trying to boot HBL, with the "-4".

So, I'm back at my original assumption, of my console being rendered useless. Any thoughts?

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming you set up coldboothax manually, so you're likely screwed until you can find an SD card that the Wii U works with. I'd recommend going to practically any store and looking for a cheap 2GB SD card to temporary store a sysNAND fw.img and the HBL ELF on so that you can get things back into working order.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited by Irastris,

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Unplug any USB drives
2) Remove your SD Card from your Wii and fully format it to fat32
3) Install HBL & HBAS onto the card
4) Place card back into Wii
5) Use loadiine.ovh or wiiubru.com to run HBL
6) Boot HBAS and install latest CBHC
7) Return to HBL and run CBHC installer
8) Follow instructions to uninstall CBHC
9) Reboot your Wii U

Now your back to a stock Wii U where you can get a new SD Card and start again. Remember that CBHC contains all the required sig patches, you don't need to run it along side a fw.img, infact you don't need a fw.img at all anymore.

If you want non persistent sig patched sysNAND use Mocha+Haxchi,
if you want persistent sig patched sysNAND use CBHC,
if you want non persistent redNAND use Mocha+Haxchi,
if you want persistent redNAND use CBHC+Mocha

Last edited by Dungeonseeker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/